Chapter 27 - pretty

" I would rather hang out with you."

I knew that his question held a double meaning. So not only did I answer it carefully I answered it honestly.  I mean would I choose him over Jason?  Yes. I mean he was the only one who has seen me cry and been there for me. Hes the only person I really trust and I feel like my old self around him. That when this question popped into my head.

Am I starting to possibly like this blue eyed, black haired, compassionate, and handsome boy in front of me? The answer scared me.

I  was starting to like Luke, and a lot more than I should be.

***

After  Luke dropped me off I decided that I would try my best to push those feeling aside and try to ignore them. I mean I couldn't like him. Because what if he hurts me or what if something goes wrong. I couldn't take not having him as a friend or just someone to be there for me.

-          Hey ill be at your house in a lil to hang out! J – Luke

Oh gosh. I mean what if there is a possibility of him liking me back, wait no. Im just going to forget about it. After a little I hear a knock on the door so I headed downstairs.

"Hey angel." Luke greeted me.

"Hey!"

"So whatcha wanna do today?"

"I mean I really don't care, its up to you." I said smiling. A thing I always seem to be doing around him.

"Okay. Well lets go to the movies... as friends." He chuckled at the last part. Which made me cringe inside.

I thought It over and found that it wasn't a bad idea because this way we wouldn't have to talk, we could just watch the movie.

"Okay, ill be right back."

Luke POV

I watched as she headed up the stairs. I hit myself in the head, I just had to add that 'just as friends' bullshit! While thinking about that I noticed some picture frames on the wall I hadn't seen before so I went to take a look. It was her smiling wide with her family. She looked so much like her mom, I couldn't help but be some what jealous. She looks like she has the perfect parents, unlike me. Although it occurs to me that I rarely ever see her parents and she didn't really bring them up much. But before that thought could even finish she was back downstairs.

"Okay, im ready!"

I turned around and the breath got knocked right out of me. I couldn't understand how someone could look so beautiful. I guess I was staring at her for a little while and she cleared her throat.

"Sorry." I chuckled.

Angel POV

He kept staring at me. Why? Did I look bad or have something on my face? I didn't get it. Once we got outside to the car he opened the car door for me, but before I could get in he said

"By the way you look really pretty." Instantly my cheeks lit up.

"Thanks." So maybe that's why he was staring at me... but he couldn't be interested in me like that. After a little while of driving he began to speak.

"So angel can I ask you a question?"

"Um you just did." I laughed "but sure."

"Why do you live with your aunt?"

Luke POV

I could sense her tense up as I asked the question. She didn't respond. So I after a couple minutes I spoke up.

"Angel?"

"Can we just not talk about it." I heard her voice crack. Oh shit. Im so stupid I shouldn't have said anything.

"Im sorry Angel, I shouldn't have said anything." I just really wanted to know what was wrong.

"No its okay. But I kind of want to go home now." Her voice was low and hollow.

"Okay." I had no choice. I felt horrible. It stayed silent for the rest of the car ride because we both didn't speak. Once we got back to her house she began to unbuckle her seatbelt and open the door. Once her face wasn't toward me I seen a tear fall.

"Angel I really am so sorry" I apologized again. Still silence.

Then she just closed the car door, and I just sat there. Surprisingly she gently tapped on the window. So I rolled it down, I still couldn't see her face but she spoke.

"Lu-ke." Her voice cracked. "Would you please come inside wi-t-th me? I understand-"

Before she could even finish what she was saying I answered "Of course I will Angel."

I mean did she really even think she had to ask or that I would say no. I parked the car where it was and walked with her up to her front door. I could see she is trying to hold in the tears and I just feel horrible knowing I caused this. Finally the door was opened and we headed up the stairs in silence. I didn't know what to do or say so I just followed her.

Angel POV

Once he had asked me about that I shut down. I couldn't help it, I tried to ignore the pain but it felt like it was crushing me. Once I got back home I realized I didn't want to be alone so that's when I got enough courage to ask him to come in with me. As we walked up the stairs I felt the tears burning in the back of my eyes and the feeling in my throat. Finally when we got in my room I felt his arms being wrapped around me and that when all the hurt I was holding in came out. I quickly turned myself around and sobbed into his shirt. I cried and cried and he just held me. Eventually he sat down on the bed and had put me basically in his lap but I couldn't stop crying. He rubbed my back and i began to feel drowsy, I could feel him moving and I assumed he was leaving. So I whispered

"Please don't leave me."

I felt him come back and stay. The one person that would stay. 

okay sooo i know its been a while but hopefully yall are still liking and reading! i really apprectiate it!