Chapter 2: Suspicion

A few hours after the photo shoot, I was stood outside on the path by the road. I hailed a taxi, and got in, asking him to take me to The Four Seasons. Yes, that was where I was staying, and I absolutely loved it there.

You may be wondering 'Why would a supermodel want to get a taxi to go to her hotel?' Well, my answer is that I like to be independent, and although I absolutely love getting in limousine's, and although I have my own Porsche Boxster Spyder (which I sadly had to leave in the UK), I sometimes preferred to go the easy way.

The Paparazzi stalk people, celebrities in particular, and I'm in a position where they think I'm always getting in the celebrity-type cars, and so that's what they're waiting for. But really, I'm getting in a bright yellow taxi and getting to my destination that way.

And they won't even bother trying to picture me in a taxi, so when I want some privacy, I wear huge black sunglasses, my hair pulled back from my face into a tight ponytail, and dull clothes.

That way, I'll never get noticed as the 'sexy blonde supermodel from the UK' (as I've been named on numerous occasions), who's always wearing the latest fashions, and going to the happening new clubs. 

Anyway, on the ride there, (luckily, the driver hadn't recognised me, so my disguise must be doing well) I checked my phone for any messages, and was confused when I saw that there wasn't any. Usually, I had Chloe and Lily texting me to come to this 'new club' somewhere, or Shaun asking advice on how to date a guy...

But no, there was nothing there. I breathed a sigh of a relief, as I realised I could just have a cosy night in, calling room-service and watching mindless TV as I thought up some saucy things that I could do to Drake when I got back...

I looked out the window and saw loads of New Yorker's, bustling about on the busy streets, hailing cabs, just like I had done, and loads of women walking out of shops with huge handfuls of shopping bags.

I loved it here.

I would love it if Drake could be here with me, then we could go for a romantic stroll in Central Park, we could look over the city from the top of the Empire State Building, and we could go to Tiffany's, and buy rings with each other's names engraved on the inside of them.

But Drake said he had work to do in the UK, so I let him stay there, stupid me. I should have forced him to come with me! We would have had so much fun! Especially on the four-poster bed in my suite at The Four Seasons....

The driver drove up Park Avenue, and then turned onto 57th Street, where The Four Seasons was situated. It was quite a magnificent hotel.

With my disguise still intact, I paid the driver, giving him extra just because he didn't notice who I really was, and walked steadily into the hotel, keeping my head down and trying to be as non-noticeable as humanly possible.

Thankfully, nobody did recognise me, or if they did, they were celebrities too and had the exact thoughts and ambitions as me - not to get noticed.

I stepped into the elevator, noticing a hot guy stood at the back, with light blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

I averted my eyes - No, Nicole, you have Drake, I thought with a smile.

Yes, I did have Drake, and he was hotter than all the hot guys in the world put together.

Well, maybe apart from Johnny Depp, but that's only when he's in Pirates of the Caribbean, and MAN is he hot in that?! Sexy beast...

The lift ascended steadily, and when it got to my floor, I stepped out with a flourish, noticing the hot guys bright blue eyes on my butt, with an appreciative smirk on his manly face.