Silvia Disappeared

This was insane. when all the kids have gone home and the school building became empty, it was hilarious to write a twenty pages essay to fulfill the detention. the principal had punished her a three hours detention after school time though, Henrietta got a letter from the authority just after few minutes the class started. Silvia read it to her that stated that her punishment had been changed. now, the punishment was to write a twenty pages essay.

It was worse. the essay supposed to take at least five hours to be written whole. Henrietta was getting tired. her hand was not moving to write. her fingers were jammed as well as her mind. she was anxious about another thing that mom was waiting at the field for her.

Henrietta told Silvia to make mom know about the punishment she was getting. she told her to say to mom to go home and come back a few hours later. Henrietta was sure that Silvia would complete her responsibility sincerely.

Henrietta was writing and writing. Her fingers were trying to tear apart from the synovial joints. Her each and every ligament and socket was feeling like breaking. She didn't stop writing. She had to finish it anyhow. She was sweating. Sweat from her forehead was falling on her cheeks.

She didn't know how six hours passed by. It was almost dark. Evenings at winter fall soon. But, she couldn't know as she couldn't see. She heard the chirping of birds that let her know that the day was over.

The essay writing was complete. She stood up but realized there was a huge problem. These days, Silvia had been taking her to mom every home time. But, how she could reach mom today, she pondered over the fact and decided to sit on her place. She thought that Silvia had mom known about the whole thing and mom would have come at the school by now as few hours passed. Henrietta thought that mom would come here to fetch her.

But, the scenario was exactly the opposite. She didn't know that mom didn't get to know about the detention. It was beyond her imagination that Silvia couldn't reach mom. Silvia was on her way to get to Mrs. Meredith. But, McKenzie and Jason conspired against them and got Silvia locked in the restroom.

The environment outside was hilarious. Henrietta's mom was calling the police. She was screaming in the phone pleading to the sheriff. She hadn't a single idea how a girl who couldn't see could disappear from the highschool. She wanted to enter the school building but the authority didn't let her do so. They said it was a heinous deed to enter the school building except the parents day that would violate the security. Mrs. Meredith wondered how appreciable this security system was that a fifteen year old could vanish and they wouldn't even care to bother.

The same situation was on the parents of Silvia, Mr and Mrs. Brown. They were walking recklessly on the school ground cursing the system of the school. The activities of them were as same as Mrs. Meredith. But they weren't that much calm as her. They were getting on their nerves. They abruptly were sweeping their foreheads.

At the classroom, Henrietta sat for few more minutes when the thought passed through her mind that it was impossible for mom to not to come to fetch her. Maybe, she couldn't find the class?

Henrietta stood up and walked to the door. She had drawn an approximate image of the whole school area. Thus she decided to use her own sense of memorization. She walked down the stairs. There should be a waste paper bean. Yes, there was. Henrietta was proud at her movement.

A few steps after, there must be a medicinal smell as the chemistry lab was over there. Henrietta found that smell too. She smiled.

Only a few steps more that would lead her to the open field. Henrietta almost ran as there was no obstacles on the way.

A cool breeze blown around her brown hair that ensured her that she was on the open school ground. "Mom!", she screamed.

Mrs. Meredith couldn't move. This voice seemed so similar to Henrietta's. Was it a hallucination? She ran towards the source of voice. There was almost no light on here that made her slip few times.

"Mom!", Henrietta stood still. She didn't know where mom was.

Mrs. Meredith almost flew over the field and reached Henrietta. She could recognize her in the dark. She was a mother. She would recognize Henrietta among hundreds of clones.

Henrietta was standing in the dark. There was southern breeze. Her tied hair was flying in the air, her navy blue skirt was looking like the fins of goldfish. It was not a mundane scene, it was from the out of the world.

Mom reached her and pulled her towards herself. She hugged Henrietta and made her filled with kisses. Henrietta felt relieved after the disaster of the day. She understood that mom would always be there to help her out, to save her from all the odds.

Mom was crying, "Henrietta! How could I be without you? You're my heaven. Don't you know?"

Henrietta tried to sweep tears from her mom's cheeks, "I do. And, you are my haven, my shelter."

"Why did you make me go through this situation? Where did you vanish?"

"Mom, actually....", Henrietta disclosed each and every incidents throughout the day.

"But, mom. How come you don't know about my punishment? Did not Silvia tell you?"

"That's the thing, Henrietta. Silvia has also disappeared. She didn't exit the school at home time. Look, her parents are waiting there anxiously."

They were also looking at the pleasant meeting of mom and daughter. They waved at her but as a matter of fact, Henrietta couldn't see. So, she didn't wave back.

"I have called the police. As the school authority is not letting us enter, the police may cone and search with the right of their warrants. They must be here soon.", mom said.

Just then, there was noise of siren and flashing lights. The police was here.