Haunted

The doctor came out of the cabin and smiled, "There's a good news. Henrietta Arthur has opened her eyes. You may now meet her."

"Oh thanks doctor. Thanks a lot!" Michael shook his hand with the doctor.

Silvia stood up from his chair and felt like crying. She was praying for the regain of conscious of Henrietta. Without Henrietta, Silvia would have been lost her reason of living.

Michael and Silvia almost ran to the cabin. Mr. Roger was standing right before them. After being stable, he followed Michael as well. They pushed the door and entered the room.

Henrietta was laying on her bed, she was in a blue hospital gown. She was looking paler than never. Her hands had cannula which was connected to the saline. She tried to get up in excitement when she saw Michael and Silvia. But the next moment, her expression changed fast and got filled with extreme terror to see Mr. Roger, her father. She tried to talk but her dried lips couldn't produce sound. Mr. Roger almost pushed Michael at one side and ran to hug Silvia.

Firstly, Henrietta teared down the cannula off her hand and did something really unexpected. She started screaming horribly. It seemed that she would bleed by the way she was screaming. Mr. Roger was speechless. He didn't know what to do.

Michael went to her soon and tried to console her. Henrietta was closing her eyes with her hands and screaming like a slaughtered animal. The cannula that got off from her hands had cut her arteries into two parts and that was bleeding. Her gown, the bedsheets everything was split with blood.

Silvia ran out and brought the doctor in. Henrietta was still screaming then. Then looking at the guileful face of Mr. Roger, Michael understood what was wrong with her. He said, "Mr. Roger, please go outside. She is having nervous breakdown after seeing you."

Mr. Roger answered with a wet voice, "But..."

Silvia interrupts, "No ifs and buts, go outside." She was herself astonished by the way she talked with an elderly person.

Mr. Roger tried hard to control his tears that were coming down from his black eyes. He left the room. The doctor was checking her out then.
***
Michael came out of the cabin to look for Mr. Roger. The doctor had told that Mr. Roger should not meet Henrietta as she was somehow traumatized by him.

He looked everywhere. Mr. Roger was gone. He wasn't in the lobby, not in the corridor, not outside of the hospital. By now, Michael felt very bad. He regretted, he and Silvia shouldn't have talked to him like this. He was the murderer, but after all he was a mentally imbalanced father.

Michael came back to the cabin, "Silvia, he's gone."

Silvia was unpacking some medicine, "He's gone? So soon? But he didn't even ask about Henrietta's condition."

"I know. I think we told him a bit more than he deserved. I'm feeling bad."

Silvia looked at him, said nothing. But her eyes told that she was feeling repented as well.

After a few minutes silence Silvia said, "Who could imagine that a father would be considered haunted to his own daughter?"

"None." Michael replied with a disappointed voice.

But there was more they would see soon.