Never Believe So Soon

Henrietta walked into home and was jumping with cheer and gladness. She was neither abandoned nor left. She was going to her mom's room to ask for the permission to go to prom with Evan.

Suddenly a hot flash gasped her that there was none to get permission from. Mom was dead. Dead and gone. She would never be here again to permit or not permit her for the prom night. Like every other girl, mom wouldn't click pictures of her on the evening when she would be dolled up.

She sighed. Mom was embraced with her life in every phase. A single step is feeling the lack of mom. There would be none to conquer Henrietta's heart again. Everyone had been leaving her one by one.

Her blackberry rang. As she couldn't read the contact name on her mobile screen, the ringtone would pronounce the dialers name. It was Evan who called. Rough and dry heart of Henrietta flooded with joy. No, there was maybe someone by her.

"Hello." She picked up the phone.

"Good evening fair lady! How are you doing?" Evan speaked.

"Yes I'm fine. And you?" She replied with a teary voice.

"Cool as always. By the way, I called up to be confirmed about the prom thing. Did your mother permit you?"

This was the question what was left to be asked to break her fractured heart.

Henrietta couldn't answer. No, how would she get permission from mom?

"Hello, hello." Evan was on the other side.

"Yes I'm here." She replied consoling herself.

"Are you okay? I think you were sobbing. Didn't your mother permit you?"

"I am okay. But everything is not." She was trying hard to stop her tears.

"Hey don't be sad. Its okay if your mom didn't permit you for the prom. There's always a next time. We can go to movies."

"Evan! Mom is not here. She passed away two weeks ago. I keep forgetting that she is dead as stone."

"I'm sorry Missy. That's so sad. Please don't cry. I'm going to cry as well."

"But I can't help Evan. I'm lonely. None is for me." She let her tears leave her glands.

"Please control your emotions. Don't let them take over you. I'm here. I'm one you can lean on and cry on shoulders. Believe me I'm by your side."

"Thanks Evan. You eased my ache."

"There is none to ease the ache. You are the own easer of yourself. So, try to remain one."

"Oh, Evan. But I'm so sorry. I still can't tell myself that you're here. Promise me, you won't leave me."

"I promise you." Evan whispered.

"Love you Evan." She didn't have any idea what she was saying exactly.

"See? Now be a good girl and go to sleep. Oh, I forgot to tell you, be dressed tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to drive you to the costliest gown shop to buy prom dress for you. I want my angel to look the most beautiful among the other girls."

"Thanks Evan, thanks a lot!"

"No thanks in friendship. Okay,its almost sleep time. Go for a tight sleep. Bye!"

"Bye Evan." She put off the phone.

Grabbing her warm pink socks and inserting her cold feet into them trying to color her life with the paint of Evan. She was going to give consent to Evan if he wanted to continue with this sweet friendship instead of shunning it off by the end of the prom night.

The soothing breeze of the night, the dark enchanting warner of life forgot to remind her, never believe in someone so soon. It could cost a lot, than you could ever imagine in your scariest nightmares.

A/N: Short chapter huh? Sorry, but the next chapter will be usual sized. More twisty and twirling turns are yet to come in the next few chapters. And yes! We (I mean you and me)  made Unbroken reach 2.7k. I'm so glad and thankful!