One Step Closer

AThis is how Silvia drew herself one step closer to Henrietta. Boarding her on the ambulance to the hospital, she was with her. She was running in the emergency department of the hospital to ensure that Henrietta got the best if the first aid. But it came to a stop when it was time for the consent of a legal guardian. The authority told her that they couldn't admit Henrietta to the critical care unit as long as there was no adult person. Silvia thought. There was no adult person related to Henrietta whom Silvia knew. Henrietta and her mom used to live an alone life, without any relatives.

Silvia called Michael. He was at the resort with her family. Approximately, that was more than half a hundred miles from here. But, Michael did answer her phone in between the swimming party. A person was never busy, it mattered on which number of their priority list another person were.

Michael heard all and he fell in tears from the other side, Silvia didn't know it. But Michael cried, he was thinking how vigorously could Henrietta be tortured that she hadn't opened her eyes yet though it had been more than an hour. He that time said that he was coming.

And after only another hour, Silvia was astonished to see Michael at the hospital, he had reached too soon. But she was sobbing like a baby, because Henrietta hadn't opened her eyes even then.

Silvia took Michael to the doctor.

Michael shook hand with the doctor, "Good morning, doctor. I'm Michael Sherwood. May I know the condition of Henrietta Arthur?"

The doctor took off her glasses and while rubbing the lenses, he said, "We have to be cruel sometimes. I already said to Miss Silvia that Henrietta can't be admitted to the CCU unless a legal guardian arrives. I'm extremely sorry, she's on no treatment now, but she urgently requires nebulization." Then he left.

Michael turned to Silvia, "What will we do now?"

Silvia wetted her lips, "Let's call Mr. Roger."

"What? Are you sure? He's psychologically imbalanced."

"He's not, he just becomes extremely aggregative sometimes."

"But.. But after all he murdered Henrietta's mom!"

"There is no other way left, Michael. Do you want her rot in the abandoned cabin?"

Michael picked up his phone, "Let's call him. Do you have the number?"
***

Mr. Roger signed the consent paper. Henrietta was in the CCU by now after he arrived here. He was annoyingly awkward. Perhaps he was ashamed on her deeds that he did in front of Michael and Silvia.

"Hey kids. I signed it." He tried to smile.

"Thanks." Replied Henrietta with cold voice. She was literally blaming the man for everything happened with Henrietta.

Mr. Roger scratched his head and roamed for a while in front of the closed door. He could see Henrietta's face from the semi transparent glass. Her eyes were closed, pipes had come out of her nose. Her lips were dried out. The killer man was guilty today, he was thinking of taking Henrietta with him. He didn't want Henrietta to live alone anymore. The world had become unrest with its cruel people.

He decided that he would meet her as soon as she opened her eyes.Unending love and care could be another way of repent. Like this, he was one step closer to Henrietta as well.

A/N: Check the first chapter character introduction if you don't get who Mr. Roger is.