The Extreme

Mrs. Meredith was cold as ice. She was sitting in the hospital lobby, trembling with fear. She was confused and tensed. She didn't know what to do now. Silvia got out of the surgery room getting a huge bandaid covering her whole forehead. She came closer to Mrs. Meredith and knelt in front of her.

She took her cold white hands on hers, "Mrs. Meredith, I'm so sorry. I know what we did is not pardonable but still. Please forgive me!"

Mrs. Meredith looked at her with affection and said calmly, "What happened just happened. You could do nothing for it."

Michael came out of the cabin just then. He was looking different because of the new hairstyle. His hair was cut from the back. He saw the scene. It brought tears to his eyes. He walked to them.

"Mrs. Meredith, I think you should eat something. You're looking pale." Said he.

"I can't eat unless I find her." Mrs. Meredith muttered.

"And what if you can never find her?" An unfamiliar sound pronounced from the back of her.

All looked at that person astonishingly. Michael said, "Excuse me, sir? Do you know what you're talking about?"

"Certainly, I'm talking about Henrietta Arthur, right?"

"Oh no! But how do you know?" Silvia shouted.

"That's none of your business. She's my daughter and I know everything of her."

"Oh my goodness! Mrs. Meredith, who is he?" Silvia asked.

Mrs. Meredith was pale and white more than ash. She moved her lips but voice didn't come out.

"Anyways, I just bugged you. Sorry guys. Continue. And hey! Meredith Arthur, you look beautiful." The guy walked off without giving them a chance to talk.

Something clicked in Michael's mind suddenly. "Guys, I urgently need something" saying he ran following the man.

Silvia sat on another chair besides Mrs. Meredith, "Mrs. Meredith, do you know him?"

"He. Is. My. Ex. Husband." She mumbled.

"I'm so sorry. But how did he know about Henrietta?"

Mrs. Meredith yelled, "Because he abducted Henrietta!"

"What are you saying? We need to tell the police! Mic.."

She couldn't finish when Michael entered, "Silvia, that's the man! He was riding the same Pajero which we saw today morning there!"

"What are you saying?" Silvia ran to him.

"We ought to go now!" Michael pulled her hand and took larger steps.
Silvia shouted from there, "Mrs. Meredith, call the police and tell them we are on motorway." They went off.

Mrs. Meredith was sitting like a zombie. She didn't know what to do.
***

Michael speed up the car as they came to the outskirt of town. It was almost evening and that Pajero with that man was just in front of them. Silvia was holding the seat tightly because Michael was driving the car at two hundred miles per hour speed.

After driving for an hour, there came a hilly turn which was split into two ways later. The Pajero took a U-Turn from there. Before Michael could get the thing, the Pajero started accelerating toward their car from the wrong side. He tried to get a grip and move the car. The car was partially succeeded banging a branch of the tree. He exhaled. Nothing serious happened. Silvia was shocked, she didn't have any idea what was happening. The Pajero tried to turn back again as they were done with puncturing Michael's tyre of car. But, the car seemed to be damaged too. While it was crossing the road divider illegally, it's tyre bursted as well.

Getting the situation, Michael lost his mind and wanted to punch that man. He got off the car and suddenly several lights fall on his face. The police has arrived. He felt relieved. The police car parked fast and soon three cops got out and ran toward the Pajero.

Mrs. Meredith also got out of the car. She came with the police. She almost ran toward the Pajero but Michael stopped her. Things were serious. Whilst, Silvia also came out and stood by.

The police opened the door and pulled out that man, father of Henrietta. He looked vicious. Cops started searching the Pajero. Within a few minutes, they found a girl with tape all over her mouth on the luggage compartment. She was unconscious.

"Hey we found the girl!" Sound came from inside the Pajero.

The man was captured by some police cops. As they threw a bit attention toward the 'girl', the man suddenly kicked them hard and snatched Mrs. Meredith and set a gun on her forehead. The other cops then came out of the Pajero and saw this. They were about to take a step when the man opened fire.

"You see I can fire, misters. So don't mess up or I'll shoot this lady. Just keep the girl inside the Pajero." The man was yelling.

"Calm down, sir. Do not shoot, I repeat do not shoot." Said Silvia.

"Stop talking! Hey officers, do what I said! Keep the girl inside. She's only my daughter."

"What do you mean Roger? She's my daughter too." Mrs. Meredith muttered.

"Stop talking you liar jerk! I will shoot you!"

The cop understood he was not going to do anything. They untied the tape from off Henrietta's mouth. She gained her consciousness by then. One cop whispered, "Don't stop. Run to your friends and get on the car."

Henrietta was shocked, she obeyed what the cop said. She ran with her life and got on the car. Michael indicated Silvia and she got on too. He started the car. Henrietta screamed, "What are you doing? We can't go without her!"

"Sometimes we have to act like inhuman." He whispered.