The Break

Silvia, Michael and Henrietta were sitting at the cafe. They were sort of overwhelmed by the fact that two of the students they hated most was just ousted from the school.

"Guys, we did it!" Michael said cheering up her glass of coke.

"Yeah!" Cheered Henrietta as she put on her bottle of root beer.

"Its time for celebration." Said Silvia.

Michael smiled, "Young ladies, I think we three have gone through so much lately. And, we deserve a holiday, maybe picnic at the beach or something?"

"I think its a blockbuster idea." Said Silvia.

"So do I. But, when do we do this?" Said Henrietta.

"What about this weekend?" Michael winks.

"Sounds fun, right?"

"Obviously, but have you thought how we'll go there? I mean, we don't have our own cars yet. And I don't want any grown ups with us. They are always like, don't do this, don't do that and so on."

Henrietta felt anxious about the beach thing. She was never comfortable with water bodies. But, she didn't want to their plan.

Michael winked at Silvia, "Nothing matters when you're with two beautiful ladies, even when an old hag is there." Unfortunately or fortunately, Henrietta couldn't see the wink. Silvia considered it as a compliment on herself, forgot to think that Michael mentioned about yptwo of them, not only her.

Silvia put up the glass again and yelled, "Cheers!"

***
Henrietta stood by the magazine table of her mom as she was reading the last week's National Geographic Issue. She looked at Henrietta seeing her shadow made by the reflection of the floating candles on the center shelf.

"Yes, dear? Are you hungry?" Mom asked.

"Mom, I need to talk about something." Henrietta says hesitatingly.

"Baby go on. Why are you feeling uncomfortable?" Mom held her hands and felt those were cold as ice.

"Mom, will you give me if I want something?"

"Sure, dear. You never asked for anything. So, even if you ask for the moon, I will join NASA." Mom chuckled and made the situation lighter.

"Mom, I was thinking.." Henrietta stammered.

"Dear, please don't hesitate. Tell me whatever you'd like to."

"Mom, actually, as there was a lot of stress on me, my friend Silvia and another senior guy, Michael, you know him?"

"Yes I do." Mom looked calm.

"We were just planning for a sea beach picnic. May I go?"

Mom looked astonished. She tried to talk but couldn't get a grip. Henrietta regretted a bit thinking mom had gone mad at her.

"Dear, I can't believe you said this. I, I.." Mom paused.

"Sorry mom. I didn't mean to be an extrovert like this. I just thoight of stressing out and all."

"No no dear! I'm not angry with you. Actually, I am spellbound because this is the first time you ever made a wish! Like, all these years I wanted you to make out with your age mates but you denied always. So, so, this was just harder for me to accept. But, I'll permit you. Go our girl!"

Henrietta's eyes became teary. She couldn't see with those beautiful, big and lustrous eyes but she could cry with them. Both of her eyes carried a sea of tears.

"Thank you mom. I am such jubilant that I can't talk."

Mom pulled Henrietta and made her sit by her. She took Henrietta in her lap as she used to do when Henrietta was three years old. After that, everything has only been severing away and away. Nothing seemed to fall in pieces. But, this was a great change on the behalf of Henrietta that she wanted to make out and hang out with friends, she wanted to face the whole world.

"I love you my brave lady." Mom whispered as she kissed on her forehead.

Little did she know, Henrietta wasn't only a brave lady, there remained a fighter inside her tiny heart.

A/N: A long break, right? Guys, I missed you. I don't know if you still have this book on your library but I'm still leaving this message of you one day read it. Shower me with love!