He is Mine Now

Henrietta and Silvia were sitting in the back most of the class. They perilously did it to have a talk.

Silvia leaned on the chair and stretched, "So, how's life?"

"Its alright. I am just feeling too alone."

"That's usual dear. Try to be strong. Never give up."

"Hmm, I don't know what to do with my life anymore."

"Can I tell you something Henrietta?"

"Yes go on, tell what you want to."

"We all cherish for love, so do you. Right?"

"Certainly, we all do."

"But sometimes love is beneath our feet, we can't find it. Would you want to find the love or kick it away?"

Henrietta wasn't getting the topic of her. Still she nodded, "I would want to find the love."

"I can tell someone who is waiting for you to knock him."

"So funny, Silvia. None is there for me."

"There is one who can love you unconditionally second to your mom."

"Spit out the blessed name."

Silvia let it out, "Mr. Roger."

Henrietta exclaimed, "Have you lost it? I would go to my mother's killer? What for?"

"What he did was an accident. He didn't mean to do this."

"Pretty please stop talking like a child. Shooting someone is a crime, who the heck calls it an accident!"

"Keep calm sweety, I saw into his eyes when he had the gun on your mom's forehead. There was nothing but repent."

Henrietta closed her eyes. She didn't want to recall that dreadful night.

"No need to decide now. Go home, have a warm bath. Take a long nap and ponder over the fact. I bet you can't deny him. He's out of police custody. They said he was mentally unstable due to grave repent and regret which led him to suicidal attempt. All he did was for you!"

Henrietta told coldly, "Are you sure I'd go to him?"

"Obviously, the person who got insane for you, who flied himself from the far continent, even who, I'm sorry, shot her loved wife out of regret, just to get you, surely deserves a daughter like you."

Henrietta exhaled, "I'll ponder over the fact. Thank you."

"Oh no! I forgot!" Silvia screamed.

"What?" Asked Henrietta.

"Wait a minute." Silvia turned back and got something out of her backpack. She put that in Henrietta's lap.

"What's it Silvia?" Henrietta tried to understand by her fingers.

"Happy birthday sweetheart!" Silvia hugged her.

"Oh my goodness! You remembered?" Henrietta tried to control her emotions.

"Obviously I did! Michael told me."

"Uh he's good." Henrietta didn't disclose that Michael waited outside her house all the night.

"He's more than good. I need to tell you something."

"What's it? About him?"

"Yes, you're not going to believe what happened!"

"Uh huh, what happened?"

"Henrietta! He proposed me!"

Henrietta was speechless. She felt that everything was breaking into pieces around her. But why did she care? Who was Michael to her? Nothing but a good friend. She tried to console herself. Silvia was blabbering on how romantically Michael asked for her heart. Henrietta wasn't hearing a thing.

Henrietta interrupted Silvia and stood up. She said with a wet voice, "Sorry, but I need to go to the restroom now."

Silvia found it unlike of her. She usually never interrupted someone in the middle of their speech. She just nodded.

Henrietta knew the position of the restroom. She almost ran and locked herself inside a stall. She was crying like a baby. She didn't know why did it hurt her so much that Michael proposed Silvia. Henrietta wondered what she would do with this cursed life anymore. She didn't want to live anymore.

After wiping her eyes she got out and headed toward the classroom. Past the balcony, she heard Michael and Silvia standing over there and laughing like hell. Seeing her Michael called," Come here Henrietta! Let us talk."

Henrietta didn't reply to him. She walked into the classroom pretending that she didn't hear him. Michael and Silvia stood with astonishment thinking what had had happened with her. She behaved very abnormally.

Silvia turned to Michael who was left in an awe at the avoidance of Henrietta. She headed Michael's face toward hers and said, "Let her go. Tell me, how was your weekend?"

Michael smiled and started narrating his weekend though he was thinking about Henrietta. She looked so different today. What might have happened to her? Has Silvia told her about their relationship which hurt her? If so, then why? Did she secretly like him? So many questions were jumbling in his brain.

Silvia didn't give the thing attention about Henrietta. She concentrated only on Michael. For the first time she was feeling that Henrietta was a burden on her whom she had to company.

Its funny how people starts to change.