Envy

Henrietta stood up and applauded. All were busy looking at Michael so they didn't notice tears running down Henrietta's rosy cheeks. She was overwhelmed by this spellbinding way of expressing emotion.

The students soon started thinking about the sad girl to whom Michael dedicated this song.

"Michael. Won't you say who the lucky girl is?" said the girl, Reagan who dreamed of going to prom with Michael.

"Of course. But you guys need to promise me that you're going to help her to face these hard times she is going through."

"We promise, just utter that beautiful name from your beautiful mouth.", said McKenzie because she wanted to hear her own name from him. She had a secret crush on Michael.

"Fine. But not so directly. Umm, I'll mention the alphabets from her name and you have to guess it."

"Okay, Michael. Way to be totally suspenseful." said Jason.

"Well, let's continue. The first letter of her name is H."

The whole class sounded, "Whoa!"

"Hayley?" asked Naira, who happened to be Hayley's best friend.

"Nope. Okay, let me give you more hint. The next alphabet of her name is E."

They fell into sea of dilemma. They tried to utter random names that were not even of any girl's name among grade nine.

"Helen!"

"Heshem!"

"Herper!"

"Hermiony!"

Michael smiled. He smiled at their foolishness.

"Guys! What is up to you all? You could have guessed from the very first hint I gave you! That, she was sad. By the way, let the suspense over. Her name is..."

Every girl in the classroom forgot to breath. They started dreaming their selves with Michael dancing in the rain, getting a bouquet of roses from him or going to the prom with red off-shoulder dress. Boys weren't excluded from the tension. They were anxious if one of their crushes be taken by Michael.

"Her name is Henrietta!"

Every student had their ears almost locked. What did they hear? Michael couldn't be joking about such serious thing dealing with girls' emotion. But, that was beyond imagination and totally absurd of him to sing a love song to the 'Blind' girl.

Henrietta thought that she had lost her ears as well with her eyes. She thought that her ears were out of control and were hearing things that were never said. She tried to look normal. She was ashamed on herself because she mistakenly heard Michael calling her name. Why would Michael care? Like, let go of caring, what the hell he would even bother of her?

"Hey, guys. You look so lifeless. What happened?" Michael asked with due astonishment.

"Michael. We are shocked. Didn't you find any other girl to sing a song? Like, we know that you got a huge gang of musicians but, please! Stop exhibiting your talents. We know that you got some." Said Reagan.

"Guys, you are taking it in some other way. I just sang a song for her!", Michael was being impatient.

"Song? Better say a love song. Duhh! Proposing a blind girl!" mocked McKenzie.

"Please! Why its bothering all of you? "

"Because she is blind. We are shocked seeing how could you try to propose that girl who doesn't even posses a pair of eyes. What was wrong with me, Michael?" asked Reagan being shameless.

"Excuse me? You? Reagan, I never have been interested with you, or anyone else. Today, I just wanted to cheer her up and you got hurt! Is that some kind of joke? I'm shocked too. I'm surprised seeing how selfish and self centric you guys are. Let me tell you a thing that would suffice as my answer to the question why I sang a song to a blind girl. That is, she deserved it! And, none of you deserved this! None!" , Michael was now losing his temper.

"Why did she deserve? How long have you known her?"

"She deserved because my heart told me she is a nice and courageous girl when I first saw her. Do any of you have as courage as her? No! Moreover, yesterday night I visited Silvia who is ailing at hospital being sick by getting locked by some mean filthy creatures and I know really well who that was. Silvia told me to arrange all this for her in a friendly manner. I wonder why do you consider everything in that manner? Like dealing with love and kisses and all? Can't you think something in an innocent manner? Only dirty thinking you sh*ts!", Michael got instigated.

The class was silent. They had nothing to say. They just had to admit that they were being damn stupid all the time. They realized that it was so idiotic to think only in a perverting manner.

Henrietta couldn't stop herself. She had guessed before exactly where Michael was standing. She stood up and ran towards him. She held his hands and tried to say something. She was sobbing too much that wasn't able to pronounce a single word.

"Michael. Thank you so much! No body has said such beautiful things to me till today except my mom. I have only been abandoned, diched, left and thrown away. And, I can't say how I feel by this song. I really can't express. Oh!"

"Its alright Henrietta. Please don't cry. If you cry, then what will be the effect of this nice dong on you?"

"This is the tears of happiness, Michael. I can't believe I was destined with this. I am so lucky!"

Michael smiled again loudly and pulled Henrietta close to her. He embraced her from her shoulders and showed a victory sign to all, especially Reagan who was mostly jealous of the whole thing.

Absolutely, it was victory for both of them, Michael and Henrietta. Michael had own her another best friend whilst Henrietta found her elder shelter in the highschool filled with mean, rude, harsh, husky people. They were meant to stand together showing thumbs down to the whole world.

Michael and Henrietta would have been perfect together. They could make the whole world jealous. They could show the world that it was exactly fine to befriend someone without any reason like everyone did. They were enough to be a diamond in the sky. Not two diamonds, only one diamond together.

They were like two parallel lines these days. They had walked in the same path but had never met. Today, their paralleling rule was over where they intersected as two straight lines and made a single point. It was sort of amusing how friendships sounded like geometry, right?