Prom Party Invite

Michael threw his credit card to Silvia at the fashion house. She was here to buy her dress for the prom she'd be attending with Michael. He carried her all way long ten miles from the school to this fashion house skipping their three important classes.

"Thanks hun." Said Silvia getting a grip of the card.

She entered the trial room handling over the credit card to the salesman with the dress she chose in her hand. The salesman punched that card into the pos machine.

"Sir, you've gotten a beautiful sister." The salesman complied.

Those words hit shells into Michael's ears. Sister?

"I'm sorry, but she's not my sister." Michael replied.

"Oh, then what does she relate to you?"

"Um I mean she's just my friend. Like, she's the girl who reads in the same school with me."

"Sir, you must be joking. She looks way younger than you. She can't be reading in the same class as you."

"I ain't joking, sir. She's my friend. Not classmate." He was getting irritated by the dumb questions of the salesman. The people lacked common sense.

Noticing Michael's silence, the man exclaimed, "Whoa! Is she your girlfriend?"

"That's none of your business." He said pressing his fury down.

The salesman feeling embarrassed, smiled awkwardly like an idiot trying to cool down Michael so he didn't leave the shop.

Michael looked at another direction trying to sooth himself down. The man got on his nerves almost. He exhaled. Just then, his sight was drawn to the door of the trial room. He flocked in astonishment to see a marvelously beautiful girl, around fifteen or sixteen years. The girl looked like an angel. Rubbing his hands, Michael realized she was none but Silvia.

Silvia's brown hair was tied in a messy bun. She didn't have the slightest makeover. But she looked lustrous because of her simplicity and purity. She was wearing the dress which looked absolutely perfect on her body though it looked monotonous when it was off from her.

The dress was brown in color, gathering black jewels on the chest area. It was strapless, there were brown fluffs at the neck. Silvia's fair hands were visible under the net black gloves.

"Sil, you look spellbinding." Michael said.

"Thanks," she blushed, " But I think your spell is not binded yet."

"No, it is. I'm serious. You look perfectly beautiful and outstanding."

"Really? Thank you so much, Mic."

Michael replied with a big smile as she went to the dressing room to undress herself. Michael got the credit card back from the stupid man and have him a vicious look. The man got squeezed in front of his look.

Silvia came out and gripped Michael's hands, threw a grateful smile to the awkward man and got out. Little did she knew, these hands she held were meant for another angel, not this one.

***

Henrietta opened her lunch box to bit her sandwich when she felt some manly smell. She understood a boy sat in front of her. Who it could be, she wondered.

"Hey fair lady, how's your day?" The guy asked. He had a high toned voice.

"Umm yes its good. Thanks. But you are?" Henrietta asked feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"I'm Evan. I'm classmate of Michael Sherwood. Maybe you know him?"

"Yes I do." Replied she trying to figure out what to say next.

"Hmm, so I see your best friend is absent today." Evan asked.

"Sorry? Who are you talking about?"

"Silvia Brown Emerson. Isn't she your best friend?"

"She was. She is my past."

"Why? Well I know I must not interfere. But still, are you jealous of Silvia?"

"What do you mean? Why would I?" She was feeling provoked.

"Because she stole Michael."

"Stop talking rubbish man! I consider Michael only as my friend, not like a date."

"Then why on earth would you start hating the person you loved most?"

"I don't know." She whispered. Tears were rolling down her cheeks with an encruciating pain in her heart.

"That's why I came to talk to you. I think you need some friendly hand and all. You have fallen loner in the corner like an introvert. But I know you're not. I heard a lot of you from Michael. And I think you need comfy to get out of the hellfire that you've been burning into."

Henrietta smiled,"Thanks."

"So, would you want to go to the prom with me?"

"No. I mean you don't know me, I don't know you. We're not even friends."

"So what? You need companion, I need companion as well. Why not get united?"

"I'll have to ask my mother first. It may seem childish to you to consult my mom about prom night but this is my rule."

Evan laughed, "No problem Henrietta. Take your time. If you get the permission we'll go and buy dress for you."

"Thanks" Henrietta smiled again though she was feeling uneasy.

Evan ran his fingers through Henrietta's brown hair and went.

Henrietta leaned on her chair. She thought there was always a second time in everyone's life. Maybe Evan was the second chance for her gifted to life.

She didn't imagine in her nightmares, Evan was the greatest curse.