Lose Everything Tonight

Henrietta slowly walked out off the room. Her eyes were dry. She couldn't cry. Her life long friend, her shelter, her only beloved one had left her just now. Mrs. Meredith was no more. She left Henrietta in this lonely world to rot. Henrietta sighed. Her face cringed with grief.

Silvia's mother, Mrs. Emerson and Michael's mother, Mrs. Jenifer was standing near the room. They had been called to be here, to support this lonely left girl. Mrs. Emerson first came to her. She pulled Henrietta into her warm hug. Henrietta couldn't resist crying. Mrs. Emerson was smelling the same perfume, Shirley May which her mom used to use.

"I can't say you to stop crying, but be strong. We are all with you."

Michael and Silvia were near. They couldn't talk. Silvia was crying from the first. She wondered what Henrietta would do now without her mom. She wanted to know where would she live now. To ask so, she turned to Michael. And for the first time in their seven years friendship, Silvia saw his eyes wet. She couldn't believe her eyes. It was so unlike of him.

Henrietta was crying hard. Her heart hadn't been dried out yet. She didn't know what would she do with her life. She just wanted to die. She wanted to go with mom.

The night was dark, the sky was black with thick cloud. Her screams were pulled in by the darkness, all heard her cries. But none heard that heart throbbing pain she didn't let out. None knew which storm was spinning inside her heart. She was doomed. She little knew, there was day anywhere even at the night.

*** 2 hours later

Henrietta was sleeping in Mrs. Emerson's car. When nobody in the hospital could control her, the doctor injected her and tranquilized. She was now sleeping like nothing happened. But for sometimes. When she would wake up again, she would again step in the painful reality.

Mrs. Meredith was taken. Henrietta didn't bid her the last goodbye. The situation was not like this. She would've reacted vigorously. Insurance companies were continuously calling to Mrs. Meredith's phone. Mrs. Emerson, being a lawyer was attending them. It had been know that Mrs. Meredith left sky high properties for her daughter, which was beyond the imagination.

Mrs. Jenifer decided that she would take Henrietta with her tonight. If she had to go to the lonely house, she would be traumatized. Henrietta would sleep with her tonight. She needed some motherly love now.

On the other hand, Michael and Silvia were sitting there in the lobby. Both were extremely sad. The day which started as a perfect one, splinted into several sad segments. Who knew this would be the end of the day? Michael sighed. Silvia turned to him.

"Michael, you cried today." Silvia wanted to get on the topic.

"Yes I did." He nodded. He wasn't afraid to admit the truth.

"This was unlike you."

Michael looked at her, then smiled. He put off his jacket and tied it to Silvia's waist which covered up to her knees.

"And this was unlike you." Michael said looking at her bare legs.

"Thanks Michael. You're my friend only because of this." Silvia's voice became wet.

"Because of what?"

"Because you respect girls. Once I faced something that broke my trust."

"What was it? You never told me this before."

Silvia let a long breath live, "Some other day. Its not the proper place and time."

They looked at the clock. 2 O'clock. The time when they were supposed to sleep at home in the warm bed recalling the good memories of beach. They felt consoled thinking, good time would come.

Michael stood up. He stretched his hands to Silvia. She also stood up and held his hands. She thought that this hand meant something else, when it actually didn't. But little did Michael knew it that it was a game of his sub conscious mind.

He set his eyes on Silvia's, kept his voice low.
He whispered, "If nothing lasts forever, would you love to be my nothing?"