Chapter 5

It's been two days since the last time I talked to Kristen. Great right? We've never been apart for more than few hours before but look at us now! I guess I really fucked it up!

Kristen didn't even come to school for two days straight and all of our friends have been constantly asking me about her. Even her cheerleading coach came to me to ask what happened to her as we are best friend. Or maybe we used to be best friend, I don't know if I still can use the title for now. And all I can do was just came up with some lame excuses like 'she is sick' or 'she is not feeling well' and such. When in fact I didn't even know what happened to her.

Maybe I should come with a solution to this?..

................................

So, I decided to go to Kristen's house to talk about this. She can't really hide from me forever right? No matter how touchy this subject to me, we bound to talk about it sooner or later. And it's actually my heart being broken, but seems like Kristen took this even more seriously than I am. Shouldn't she be the one to console me over my brokenheart because no matter what, she's still my best friend, at least that's what I thought. But look at me now, standing in front of her doorstep, knocking her door while waiting anxiously for someone to open it.

Guess when you have feeling for someone, you rather feel hurt as long as that person is happy right? Feeling sucks then!

"Heyy Alexandra. Glad to see you here. Kristen has been up in her room for some days now and she didn't even want to talk to me about it. Maybe you can talk to her about what happened? I guess it's like best friend code or something?"

"Yeahhh I came here for her. Don't worry Jennifer, I'll try to solve whatever problem she might have.."

Greaaattt! If only she knew Kristen acted that way might have something to do with me.

"Cool! So I should go to work now. You guys have a great time yeah? I've put some pizzas at the kitchen counter and money as well. Bye Alexandra.", she said before rushing to her car and drove away.

So, that's Jennifer Xavier, Kristen's mom. She is such a sweet woman and really kind to everyone. But she rarely at home due to her overload works. I don't exactly know what she does for life but it has something to do with business and she owned it. She owned it with her husband before but Kristen's dad met with an accident 6 years ago and died on spot. Since that time, Jennifer has been extremely busy and didn't have much time for her only daughter, that's why Kristen being taken care by her grandmother sometimes.

I guess Jennifer also feel grateful for my presence because we spent nearly every single time together that makes Kristen forgot about the hurt of losing a father. Sometimes, my family will even took Kristen for a vacation together and that makes her still have a father figure in her life. My father. I've told you guys before that Kristen and I are hardly being separated right??..

So, why am I here again? Ohh.. To have a talk with my best friend...

................................

I slowly knock on Kristen's room. I heard some shuffling inside the room before the doorknob being jiggled and unlocked. Few seconds later, Kristen's angelic face appeared behind the door. But she looks kinda...terrible? Her hair seems messed up and she put them in a bun, while her eyes seems swolen. Her nose looks a bit red at the tip and she wore quite a shock expression when she saw me.

"Ummm heyy..", I tried to make a conversation.

"Hye.. What are you doing here?", she answered a bit tiredly.

"Just wanna see how are you doing? You didn't even come to school.."

"Yeahhh.. I've been...sick.."