Chapter 23

Kristen POV

I said it. Yeah I said it.

I said that I love Xandra, who is a girl! In a...

Ok stop I don't need to replay this kind of conversation in my mind again. I love a girl, so what? It's already in the middle of 2016 for Christ sake!

Ohhh well I know I had a different opinion about this before, but that's because I have a very conservative grandma. By very conservative I mean very very old fashioned way of style. And I used to witness a certain situation that tainted my mind and opinion about this kind of love.

Although now I admit with every fibers in my heart, that

love is love...

................................

(Flashback nearly 10 years ago)

"I'm sorry Ma. It was never in my intention to embarrassed you. But I love him. I.."

"No! You don't have any say in this sin! I can't believe this! I didn't raise you to be a... to be a.."

"A what Ma? Gay? You can't even say it out loud now? I'm sorry that I was born this way Ma! Yes, you didn't raise me to be like this, I just can't help who I am falling in love with. Please just accept me for who I am. I'm gay and I'm not sorry about this."

"Shut up! You shut your mouth and get out from my house. I don't have a son like you! From now on, I just have a daughter and my son is dead for all I care!"

"I'm sorry to be the cause of your embarrassment, but I really can't help it. And I'm sure, if daddy is still here, he'll still love me for who I am. Take care mama, I love you.

................................

That was the conversations that I witnessed when I was 7. I still remember that I have an uncle, a loving one for that matter.

Uncle Matthew, he'll be the one who take care of me when mom and dad were away for their business. Well, him and my grandma, but Uncle Matthew always pretend to sneak me out from grandma house so that we can have a cold night ice cream date.

I still remember his face was all smile and giddy when I saw him talk to this good looking man one day when he brought me out for toys shopping. I even asked him about that man, and he simply said that "He's a special friend of mine." and asked me to never tell anyone especially abuela.

I was still a kid, of course I forgot everything when he bought me the new Barbie together with the Barbie's house. But then when the same giddy feelings occurred inside of me whenever I'm with Alexandra, I'll instantly remember that fateful night.

When mom and dad came back from their business trip, they saw how abuela was such in a messy state. My mom was rushing to hug abuela and the last thing I heard before my dad sent me to bed was how my abuela said something like "He said he loves me but he still commit the sin." and something more like "Matthew is just like his father.", while sobbing uncontrollably.

................................

"Hey mom. You don't work today?", I asked mom when I saw her watching TV in the living room.

Great I might can just ask her about something.

"Ohh hey sweetie. Nuhhh, I think I wanna just resting at home today. Will my beautiful daughter accompany me humm?", my mom replied while softly smiling at me.

"Well of course it will be my pleasure, mother dearest.", I responded back equally playful.

So I take a seat next to my mom and quickly snuggling into her side. I miss this kind of quality time with my mom as I seldom have one. But I understand every of her reasons so I never question anything.