Epilogue 2

Third person POV

They went to the nearby park to freshen their mind a bit before jump to the most important yet most dreaded talk.

There's parents who bring their kids to play at the playground and few other children playing together while running and shouting some excitement.

Kristen and Alexandra slowly walking side by side with a comfortable yet a bit tensed silence. Both of them surely have a lot of things to ask each other.

"So, how have you been?", Kristen started the conversation when they found a bench to sit by while continue watching people around.

"I'm good. Recently busy with this new combat gaming concept that I need to discuss with other stuffs.", Alexandra seems at ease when talking about her passion.

"How about you? I thought you were still in New Jersey?"

"Well my company sent me here few months ago to see the site of this upcoming condominium and they want me to designed some descend idea I guess.", shrugged Kristen when in fact she's very ecstatic for this project.

"You can at least show some enthusiasm ya know..", they slowly chuckled to ease some tension that still lingering around. 

"I'm proud of you Kristen. I know you are very into architecture.", smiling Alexandra sofly.

"Same goes to my feelings for you...", muttered Kristen quietly. 

"Huh what?", asked Alexandra.

"Nothing. Actually you must be wondering what things that I want to talk about right?",  feeling tired to beat around the bushes, Kristen finally started saying the thing that have been bugging her for a long time now.

"Just why?", asked Alexandra painfully.

"I thought I've moved on from you Kristy, I tried everything to erase those memories with you, I even tried to hate you. You broke me Kristy, you just said we are done and leave me with no explanation. I can't even face my parents or your mom because I know I will feel broken all over again. I hate that I will never good enough for you...", continued Alexandra.

With warm tears flowing down Kristen face, she slowly tried to hold Alexandra's hands. Seeing there's no rejection, she holds her even tighter. She preferred Alexandra shouting or even kicking her ass rather than seeing her blaming herself like this.

"No Xandra please don't say that. You are too good for me, more than enough indeed."

"But then why? I thought we were doing good. I thought I am your everything just like how you are the world to me.", choked Xandra in her own tears.

Kristen didn't miss the fact that Xandra still use present tense when describing her feelings. Maybe there's still hope for them. 

"No now you listen to me Xandra. You have no right to question my feelings for you. You are everything good in this miserable stinking world. I used to think how can you even tolerate me, how can a perfect human like you even attracted to me. I am no saint, I even used to act as a homophobic asshole, but you still there for me. I can never ask for more."

"But..", Xandra tried to interrupt, but one look from Kristen managed to shut her mouth. Guess Kristen still has that effect to her.

"I know after high school we managed to maintain that long distance relationship. I know that we will never cheat on each other. But then I saw that you were missing on social life which every young adults need to experience. I heard how you decline to every invitation to parties or any social events just because you want to spend your time skyping or chatting with me..."