Chapter 24

Kristen POV

I didn't even think twice that I will be facing this kind of situation someday in my entire life before. Hell I never even think that I am special, who need to tell a lil bit truth about myself to the one who's been giving birth to me. 

She will understand. She must be! She's already so open and loving all this time so why am I still dragging this??..

"Umm Mom?", I tried to distract my mom who seems like in her own world, probably thinking about her lil brother and her mami situation. 

"Yeah honey?", she just replied curiously while smiling a bit. 

"Actually I-I-uhhh...", shit!

Where's my ability to speak fluently when I need 'em?

"What happened? Any trouble in school? Or you still want to know about our family history? Just ask whatever.", my mom still smiling fondly while patiently waiting for me.

"Nuhhh nothing like that. School is good and I'm glad you share our family history with me. But I-umm I n-need to tell you something."

She was just nodding her head twice as sign for me to continue. 

"You still love Uncle Matthew right? Although he's uhh he's..."

Stupid mouth why can't you even pronounce the word?!

"Gay? Yeahh", my mom chuckled a bit after she finished my sentence. 

"Of course I still love him and I will always love him no matter what, same goes to you my lil sweetie bunny.", Mom looked a me in an amusing way but there'll always so much love in her eyes.

Damn! Did my mom implying anything there? Well I think this is a good time! Sooo..

KRINGGG KRINGGG~

Ohhh stupid phone! It's my mom's phone but yeahhh still stupid to ruin this best moment for me! Whhhyyyy??

"Speak of the devil. Ohhh hello there baby brother..", my mom answered the phone enthusiastically. I'm still glad to see my mom happy tho, although kinda just ruined my moment. What? I am a good daughter alright.

So I just sit there in silence, watching TV without any sound while mindlessly thinking what did my girlfriend up to today...

After like 15 minutes, my mom finally hung up.

FINALLY!

When I think that I can continue on whatever I want to say just now, gosh I've never been so wrong.

"Sweetie, your uncle and his husband wanna have a dinner with us tonight. So go get changed. And yes you can invite Alexandra as well."

"Wait! Really? But you just said that you didn't really talk about me to him.", I asked curiously.

"You understood it all wrong honey, I never tell you about him since that day but I never stop talking and updating about you to him whenever we are in touch. Plus he's been waiting to meet his favorite niece for so long already."

With a smile on her beautiful face and ruffled my hair a bit, my mom started standing up and slowly walking to the kitchen.

"Ohh greattt.. Now I need to inform my girlfriend."

See what I did there? I just love calling her as 'my girlfriend' again and again when I can just call her 'Alexandra' instead. But mehhh...

Quietly laughing to my own not-really-a-joke self, I dash up to my room.