Maybe we have a Chance again!

"Nora...?" He picked up the phone in the first ring itself. His voice was not like normal. As Amanda said he looked very sad and tied. Has he been waiting for me all along? How am I going to tell him about Vincent?

"Kevin. How are you?" my voice was dry since I had just now waked up. "You are asking me Nora. When you are the one who disappeared without notice. How are you Nora?" his voice was coarse. "I am good Kevin. Sorry for leaving abruptly. I had some personal problems that needed to be sorted out soon. That's why." My words came out feeble. "Oh. Everything ok now. Will you be coming back Nora?" He asked eagerly with hope in his voice. "No Kevin. I still have issues to be sorted out. So I may not come for another week. Maybe I am thinking of using all my medical leave for this purpose." Since I had already been out for fifteen days that seemed the only option for me. "That's not an issue Nora. I'll handle that all. Please tell me you'll come back for sure." He pleaded to me. "Yeah Kevin let's hope for best." I should tell him the situation better not to give him hope again. All I had done for him was making him wait for nothing...

I still remembered the first day I met him in my office.

"Excuse me Sir." I knocked at the door waiting for a response. It's my first real job after college. Working at my father's company has given good experience. But since I couldn't go back to my home town I had to find me a job.

"Come in." I walked in without making much noise with my heels. It was my roommates fault I even wore these. What a crazy idea to wear Heels for a job interview Nora? When I reached his table he looked above from the file he was reading since I came in and gestured me to take a seat. His eyes never left me; well it made me kind of uncomfortable. He again looked at the file and I took it as an opportunity to check him out. He had a nice tanned body with built up muscles that are clearly visible in his shirt. His accent looked purely English so he must be a native from England. His blonde hair was perfectly chiseled which indicated his professionalism. "Ms. Williams. Simple question. Why Anderson?" he asked me the obvious question which made me startled and looked down since I was staring at him until then. "Maybe that can be rephrased as 'Why not Anderson' Sir. It's the only company I have dreamed off since I set foot in college. Anderson's are the best crew in Construction firm. So I played my way up to here from the base of my career Sir." I felt the urge to mention him as 'Sir' even though he looked only a few years older than me.

"That's an interesting answer Ms.Willam. Why should we hire you?" he asked me folding both his hands over his chest. After that the hour passed with him asking me questions but not so tough. I have already prepared for all these questions. "So are you ready to work with us Ms.Williams?" he asked and I didn't even realize he had already selected me. Then I understood after moments and I shook my head with joy "Yeah sir. I'd love to."

"You can start working from tomorrow. Good luck." He said handling me the signed job letter. "Thank you sir." I said standing up. "Just call me Kevin." He said as if it's the obvious thing in the world. I didn't say anything but just nodded my head. "Don't mind me but why didn't you work in your father's company? It's in your records." He said standing and placing the file he was reading until now on the table. The one question I didn't want him to ask. " it's just I wanted to build my own not to develop what my dad had built." I responded dryly because that's only partially true. I just don't want to return to states. I am done living there. I turned to leave when he said the most irking thing I didn't expect him to say "You look pretty Nora." I tried hard not to roll my eyes.

Please don't be one of the guys who fall for me in one look. I've already had enough in college. In my first year of college there was not even a single day that had passed without random guys hitting me. That was really tiring. But I am done with relationships for a while.