Epilogue

"I knew you would spoil this" I heard her yell loudly making me drop the potato peeler for the umpth time.

"Maybe you should stop yelling all the time, for this not to happen" I shook my head looking at her frantic state.

"Never thought this would be a nightmare. You are the one to blame" She pointed her fingers towards me as I looked shocked. How can she think it's all because of me? I only wanted to have a decent meal.

"You know it's not. We decided together remember" I gave her a knowing look. She opened her mouth to argue more but another bad odor made her drop the potatoes and march towards our husbands who are turning the kitchen into a war station.

"Can't you two make a decent breakfast without making our neighbors think some hazardous chemical experiment is going on?" Gracie huffed at them.

"We should be thankful it's just this" I pointed the charred piece of thing which looked like a bread slice. And we all started to laugh like maniacs. God how much I missed this? It was so nice of my husband to think of this reunion.

"Not you too" Gavin glowered at me while giving pleading looks to Gracie. She looked at him for a while mentally calculating ways of murdering him for spoiling her kitchen. And decided on the latter thinking it would be a disappointment for her children.

"Mom is that what we are going to eat?" Sandra yelped as she stood half way in the stairs wrinkling her nose.

"Definitely not honey. I'll fix it up quickly" Gracie gave her a assuring nod and marched behind the table making them both jump away from there.

"How is she?" He asked again for which even Sandra rolled her eyes and I turned to look at him whose face was worried.

"She's totally fine. Thank god dad is not like you uncle. You are too caring" She gave him a wide grin before drifting off to her room.

I looked at him whose eyes have now turned to me and he gave me the same expression, "Oh you know I am perfectly fine Vince

I looked at him whose eyes have now turned to me and he gave me the same expression, "Oh you know I am perfectly fine Vince. Don't look like I am gonna blackout anytime"

He strode over to me grabbing my waist as I took hold of his shoulder, "You know why"

"And no complaints here. I just wanted to have you closer since its been so long you went away from me in the disastrous journey of cooking with Gavin" I smiled as he repeated it and leant in to kiss me. It was a blissfull oblivion.

"If you are done with the PDA, can you help me Nora. This place is a mess" Gracie huffed still glaring at Gavin. My face broke into a grin and Vince released me but held my waist as we moved towards the counter.

"Aww mom. You are the best" Sandra gave her Gracie a flying kiss as she beamed. It was a different feeling watching Gracie have her smile which she gives only when she sees Sandra. Maybe that's something which can come only for your kids. I wonder what my face looks like when I see Amanda.