You are my life...

"Um, Vince. Don't you think its too soon?" Came a quiet melodious voice across the room.

I turned my head to find her sitting on the chair across the room slouchily. Not to blame that she can't even stand by herself now.

"Don't you think its too late??" I whispered which is the long sentence I have spoken so far.

"Its not your fault Vince" She replied slightly raising her voice. Well she had tried all ways to make me feel less guilty. But in no vain.

I scoffed. It was completely my fault. If not she would have been here with me. Holding my arms like a baby.

Even in imagination the last word hurt.

"You are not responsible for what happened to her. No one is responsible in that matter. Grow out from this guilt which is killing you. Move on with your life" She exclaimed as tears rolled out from her eyes. She should not be wasting her tears like this especially not for me.

She looked paler than usual. Her naughty smiles gone out for vacation. I sighed and shook my head, "Stop crying Gracie. I am okay cant you see that. And dont even make Gavin kill me by crying while he comes home" I plastered a smile as she dropped a giggle.

"I am going to visit her" My voice was audible enough for her to listen.

"What?" She cried.

"Yes Gracie. You heard me correctly." I replied as usual.

"Please Vince. How long do you think its going to help?" Gracie begged.

"As long my heart beats" my voice was coarse as I gave her one last smile and moved out of the room to meet the one true love of my life who is lying lifeless...

------------------------

Birds were chirping continously. As if they were singing in rhyme. Dancing over the branches of the trees which had no leaves. Sun shone brightly making my eyes uneasy. Enormous mist of dust flew all over the area where sun had its region. It feels like spring.

Spring? I repeated the word in my mind. Is it spring already? I cant recall the last time I noticed the season or even date...

Again a swirl of feelings washed over me as I closed my eyes and clutched the comforter for life around me as I rocked in my chair. As I have been doing for the past six months.

It was easy like this. Mourning myself with no other human being to interupt and sob for eternity. I dont have to pretend that nothing matters and fake a smile. I had all the times for myself drowning in guilt.

Until I was interrupted by his angelic voice. I perfectly know that its him as I turned my head opening my eyes.

"Nora"

----------------------------------

"Nora" I hoped as I called out her name that atleast she would not fake a smile and smile from heart.

But no her closed eyes and clutched comforter informed me that she had been torturing herself. Again..

I sighed as I moved toward her. She gave me another smile which didnt reach her eyes. I reached out my hand for her which she took after a three seconds. I helped her walk as she took my hands as if her life depended on it.

"Time for breakfast" I started enthusiastically and made her sit on the bed. No answer.

"What do you like to have today? Nasty sandwich prepared by me or yummy flakes prepared by Ana?" I tilted my head playfully hoping she would react but still no answer as she reached out for my sandwich.