Like Real People Do

We still have a few hours before we need to head over so I take a hot shower and get ready combing out my hair, brushing my teeth, getting dressed. I'm not a huge fan of makeup so I keep it simple and more natural.
Once I finish I walk down stairs to find Andrew sitting on a chair with a guitar in his lap and a pad of paper in front of him. He looks up as I approach.
"You look nice love."
"Thank you. Are you really working again? We just got back and off a plane and you're already back to work. Go get ready." I gently take the guitar and set it on it's stand.
"But I am ready." He starts sulking trying to get me to give him back the guitar. "How about I give you a kiss and you let me continue."
"Orrrr. How about you give me a kiss and you go take a shower. We were on a long plane ride and now we are going to go meet your parents. You have been gone too long to just show up looking disheveled, shower now." I point up stairs with one hand on my hip. Trying to make myself look as sassy as possible.
"Alright." He leans down giving me a quick kiss before heading towards the stairs. Right as he's about to go upstairs he turns around "are you sure you don't want to join me?" He's smirking as he quickly goes upstairs not waiting for my response.
"That's not funny Andrew!" I tell up after him. I mutter to myself "any other time I might have said yes. Not fair Andrew not fair."
While Andrew gets ready I quickly get bored. "What to do what to do." I mutter to myself. My eyes land on the guitar, I've never played but it can't be that hard right? I pick it up and set it gently on my lap. I try and recall a few of the chords Andrew uses and try and arrange my fingers on the instrument as he does. It's not quite as easy as I hoped, the guitar which fits nicely with Andrews lanky frame is huge for me and I have trouble adjusting my fingers how I want them. Once I'm satisfied with that I try and strum a chord but it sounds terrible, that was definitely not right.
Andrew reaches around me adjusting my fingers on the strings applying gentle pressure, guiding my hands. In my concentration I didn't even hear him come up behind me.
"scoot forward." He whispers into my ear. I do as he says and he sits behind me on the open backed chair. He once again puts his hands over mine wordlessly guiding me through notes. At first I dot recognise a tune until he starts singing softly. "I had a thought dear however scary about that night the bugs and the dirt. Why were you digging what did you bury before those hands pulled me from the dirt." I easily recognise the words, he knows it's one of my favourites.
As he guides my hands through the notes I join in singly softly with him. "And I will not ask you where you came from, I will not ask and neither should you. Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips we should just kiss like real people do." We sing together out voices mixing together with the gentle guitar strumming. We play and sing through the entire song and when it finishes the last notes hang in the air. It's a breathtaking feeling and he leans down as I lean up and we gently kiss.
When we pull apart we gently set the guitar down before he speaks. "I never knew you could sing like that, you have a gorgeous voice." His arms are wrapped around my waist and we are swaying back and forth lightly.
"I have a gorgeous voice? I think that's the other way around Andrew."
He hums "no I'm right."
"Alright."
We sit there for a little but before we realise we have to leave if we don't want to be late. My nerves aren't as bad after that little guitar lesson. He always knows how to calm me down.