Chapter 8

Ezra was lying breathing uneasily, as Sabine held his hand and looked him in his beautiful indego eyes she sat ther staring and smiling.

She sighed and he looked at the girl he loved. ''Im so happy you are ok'' said Sabine gently with love in her words.

"I'm just glad I got Kanan back here, alive'' replied Ezra breathing lightly.

Hera bit her lip looking at Kanan and then at Ezra, she sighed  ''Ezra what can you remember from the battle and after? '' she asked. ''Hera!'' Exclaimed Kanan. "He's bearly able to breath never mind talk hes hardly up to it''.

"Its ok'' Ezra gasped ''I can tell you what happened''.

"Are you sure you are able? '' asked Kanan concerned, Ezra nodded while Sabine used pillows to sit him up.

''Well...." began Ezra, he was grasping his bandaged chest tightly Kanan watched carefully as Ezra explained the battle.

"....and finally while I was on the ground I ...I gained a weird strength and pushed the debris towards him, but when I was half conscious on the ground I heard him say "I have them now Vader" and I couldn't think about it at the time but now, Im not sure what he meant? ''.

Kanan gasped ''Vader! As in Darth Vader the Evil of the empire!" everyone exchanged fearful looks.

"No!" gasped Ezra " no, no, no he can't know we are alive'' he grew weaker and started closing his eyes.          ''Ezra!'' said Kanan, Sabine shook his shoulder. ''No" whispered Ezra he "...he can't''

"He won't" replied Kanan "we are too faraway he wont sense us''

Ezras grasp lossened in Sabines hand as he nodded softly and stiffened his arm around his chest.

"Okay, come on guys, he must rest said Hera  '' I'll watch him now"said Sabine to Zeb and Chopper as she looked over Ezra who was looking paler and paler.

"Just shout if you need any help"said Zebs grizzly voice.Chopper bleep bleeped before zooming out the door and the others left behind him.

"Oh Ezra" said Sabine as she sat down still holding his hand.