Chapter 3 I love you

I might keep this chapter to Riker and Iona.

*with Riker and Iona*

*later that night*

Iona s pov

It's 11pm time to go outside, luckily the pool lights are still on so time to think about Danny. I crept downstairs but when I reached the bottom, Riker was sitting on the couch watching something. I tried to sneak past without him noticing unfortunately he noticed.

"Where are you going at this time of night?"

What am I going to say? Should I tell him the truth or lie? Should I trust him? Questions were being fired at me like I'm being shot over and over. A few seconds pass till I finally think of something.

"I'm feeling a bit queasy that's all." I lied, I know I shouldn't but I felt me almost breaking down in tears if I told him the truth.

"Oh, I'll come with-"

"No, I want to go alone." To be honest I wish I let him continue, I need to cry on someone's shoulder.

"O-ok then. I'll be here if you need me"

When I sat on the poolside I felt so safe and as if he's with me. After a few minutes I felt like someone's watching me. I ignored it and carried on thinking.

(Flashback)

"Danny did you bring your guitar? I want to sing my heart out"

"Yeah! What song do you want to sing today then?"

"Easy I want to sing... Annie's song."

"Nice one but I've got some news..."

"What, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I'm leaving tonight to fight. I'll keep in touch ok. It'll all be ok."

"But I'll miss you. Don't leave now"

(End of flashback)

That was the last time I seen him smile before he got shot. I felt the tears pour out of me like a river. Man, I really miss you Danny.

*Rikers pov *

When Iona came downstairs I felt like something's wrong. She said she feels queasy but I don't believe her so I decided to follow her and keep an eye on her. After a few minutes I was about to walk away until I heard small sobs, she was crying. But why, does she miss home? What do I do ?

I pushed the door open and walked so I was right behind her. I sat down and pulled her into a hug, she needed it. I began to draw shapes on her back while she was clinging onto my t-shirt. After a while she had calmed down so I began a conversation to see what's wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I tried to sound soothing and calm as possible.

"It's nothing, don't worry." Her voice was so shaky.

"You've been crying for quite a while, it can't be nothing. Please tell me, you can trust me." I really wanted to help. And I mean really Really wanted to.

*Ionas pov*

"You've been crying for quite a while, it can't be nothing. Please tell me, you can trust me." He sounded so worried and wanting to help so I decided to tell him.

"I... Had this brother...and he was in the...army. He told me...that he'd come home...but he didn't...he was shot." I said between sobs. Rikers grip tightened and held me closer.

"I'm so sorry, you didn't need to tell me." I felt tears fall on my head and when I looked up. He was crying.

I felt so bad. I put my hand to his cheek and brushed away the tears with my thumb, gently.

I felt like leaning in but decided not to until I was cut off from my thoughts by his lips crashing onto mine. I was shocked but I kissed back. His lips were warm and like they were ment for mine. After a few seconds we pulled back. I felt my cheeks going red so I tried to hide my face but instead I looked into his deep, chocolate brown eyes, I got lost in his eyes at that point in time.

*Rikers pov*

I kissed her, it just felt like the right time to do it. I mean I love her.

"You know when we picked you up, I knew what love at first sight was." I seen her cheeks turn a light pink colour. Wow that was so cute.

"*giggle* you mean it ?" Her giggle its so... So ...wow.

"Yeah. Umm... Iona?

"Yeah." Her eyes had this sparkle in her eyes.

"Will um... Would you...umm want to...go out with me?" Why was I nervous.

"Yes, yes I will." My smile began to grow I can't believe she said yes.

*inside*

"I'll see you in the morning babe. We should get some rest."

"Ok night."