Four - meeting the roommate

"Since you are brand new we thought you shouldn't be alone at first. So you will be staying with one of our long time residents, Ashton." The doctor, named Rose, said as she lead Calum down the hall past several doors that must lead to other personal suite rooms.

Calum scrunched up his face and squeaked. His hand covered his mouth as he made a popping noise. He quietly giggle at himself, got to find amusement some how.

They stopped outside of a white door that seemed to have a sparkle of cleanliness on it. There was even a small clean mat with two brand new looking white sneakers sitting on top of it.

Calum curiously tilted his head and looked across the hall at the other doors, noticing this door was the only one that looked so clean and had shoes outside of it.

"Oh I forgot!" Dr Rose said before opening the door, she turned to look at Calum.

"Do you have a cellphone?" She asked.

Calum shook his head no, "no- yes I do! No. No I don't. " he bit his lower lip again, trying to stop himself from saying anything else.

"good. Don't get one, it against the rules." She replied and turned back to the door. She knocked twice, "Ashton?"

"No!" A muffled reply answered, it was nearly drowned out by the door and the loud classical music playing.

Dr Rose sighed and pushed open the door. She immediately moved toward a bed to place down one of calums bags that she helped carry.

Calum furrowed his brows as he took few steps into the room. It seemed to shine and sparkle from how clean and spotless it was. There was a boy kneeling down by the desk scrubbing at a spot on the floor. The strong smell of Clorox was almost over whelming.

"I didn't say you could come in." The boy said in an angry annoyed tone. He looked over his shoulder spotting Calum. His eyes grew large and he jumped into a stand.

"Whoa!!" Ashton started to panic and backed quickly up into the corner by his bed. His eyes were red and shiny from the threat of tears. His face was slightly pale, even though he was tan skinned, from fear.

His gloved hands shot to his mouth covering it and his nose in disgust as he looked over the other boy. His wavy hair hung messily in his face as he trembled.

"Take your shoes off!" Ashton yelled, he looked like he was about to have a panic attack. He started to pace in small steps while rubbing his gloved hands together.

"Take them off!" His voice was weak but still loud. He suddenly whimpered and tears ran down his face. He shook his head and looked toward the doctor as she started to unpack calums things.

"I'm going to have to start all over now.." Ashton said, sounding so sad.

Calum narrowed his brows more. He was confused and a little freaked out by this new guys behavior. He twitched and tensed up, gripping the strap of his bag tightly. He grunted and looked away when Rose spoke.

"Ashton, these are my inside shoes. I promise you there are no germs on them." She stated calmly as she gathered some of calums clothes from his suitcase and brought them over to a dresser.

"What about him?" Ashton pointed over at calums dirty converse shoes. "His shoes look befouled." He was talking breathlessly now.