Nineteen- Search 2

Like i said before, the search chapters will have many time jumps. SORRY!

-------

"What did they say?" Questioned Dr Rose, standing beside her car.

"he Threatened me," Mr Hood said, slightly amused. He was leaning against the door to the back seats, staring at the phone in his hand.

"what did calum say?" She Asked. " That im wrong.." he stated, sounding a bit shocked and loss of words. Dr Rose crossed her arms, looking away. " well, i could have told you that." she admitted. "okay," she said with a sigh, scratching at her hair. " we cant track them. We need to put ourselves in their shoes. Where would we go?" she asked, looking up at the sky in thought.

Mr Hood stood there, staring down at the ground also in thought. his hand rolled the phone in its hold, his mind thinking over the words his son just said to him. "what do you mean?" he asked, looking up at her.

"You just told off your father, where would you go?" She asked, returning her gaze back on Mr Hood.

"Id never tell of my father," Mr Hood said in defense, turning to face her better. " i had to much respect for him."

Dr Rose got quiet for a moment, " okay. Then imagine your father just told you that you were worthless, good for nothing, that you couldn't even finish a sentence." Her gaze bore into Mr Hoods, making him look down shamefully. "where would you go?" she asked again.

Mr Hood wanted to look anywhere but at Dr rose, knowing she was right. He was glancing at his ruined shoes before looking over at the window he leaned against, seeing into the dirty car. An familiar image grabbed his attention, making him furrow his brows in thought. He stepped back and pulled open the door, grabbing the photo.

He stared at the wrinkled image of his wife standing on the beach, he smiled weakly and took a deep breath. " i think i know where they are going," he softly admitted. He Held up the photo for her to see, " come on. Lets go."

"how?" Dr Rose asked, throwing up her arms. " we couldn't find the keys!" Mr Hood grinned and got into the drivers side. " I wasn't always a politicization." He admitted, prying apart some of the dashboard by the steering wheel. He tugged at the wires, yanking them in half. He grinned and shook his head, twisting three colors together.

"huh" Dr Rose said, amused. "What?" He asked. " Maybe the apple didn't far from the tree." She said, watching him hot wire the car. Her eyebrows rose when the car suddenly started, he looked up proudly. "wow.." she mumbled under her breath.

----time jump----

Dr rose was busy looking at the map while Mr Hood drove. His annoyed voice was loud and clear as he nearly shouted into his phone, "Dan, I said, Cancel the next few days!" he paused to allow the person on the other line to speak, " I don't care, make something up. Whatever you want, as long as it doesn't cost me votes."

Dr Rose raised her eyebrows, wanting to steal a glance but she didn't want him to see her judging him. They have been driving for hours, and both were extremely tired and grumpy. "Might i suggest stopping at a hotel for few hours?" She said, quietly.

Mr Hood glanced at her since he just hung up the phone the second she spoke, he looked away pondering over his options. He felt his eyes growing heavy with sleep, he feared he may not be able to stay awake to drive. It was clear she was already close to falling asleep as well.

"Thats a wise idea," he admitted, handing over his phone for her to find one near by with his GPS.

---time jump--

The Motel they chose wasn't run down but it wasn't new either. They got two rooms, but next to each other.

Dr rose was sitting out side staring at the pool, which was glowing from the lights inside of it. She was thinking over what all has happened recently, trying to analyze to figure out why they left. was it something she said?

The door creaked as Mr Hood stepped out, wrapping himself in his robe because the air was a bit chilly. He looked over at Dr Rose, noticing her deep in thought. " I cant sleep," he said, letting her know he was there.

She looked up and over at him, "probably because of guilt." she sassed. Mr Hood sat down with a sigh, rolling his eyes. " That boy.." he started. When Dr Rose gave him a confused look , he explained; "the one with dyed hair..."

"Michael." She said. Mr Hood Nodded and continued, "Why doesn't he eat?" Dr Rose was silent while she thought of the right words to say, she took a deep breath before speaking. " Anorexia is a disease of the mind. So, even though we see skin and bones, all he sees is fat."

Mr hood frowned and nodded, thinking over the way he saw his son looking at Micheal. His sons eyes held the glint of admiration when he watched Michael. "But, he wont drop dead from that, right? I mean, you can live for weeks without food."

Dr Rose looked away, pursing her lips before softly speaking. "His Heart already gave out once a few months ago.." She took another deep breath, looking up at Mr Hood guiltily. "which is why i threatened to force feed him through a tube yesterday."

Mr Hood sighed, finally understanding maybe it was Michael who encouraged his son to flee. " And he jumped ship." Dr Rose nodded, looking away again feeling more guilty. He walked over, sitting in the chair beside her with another sigh. "Its not your fault." He stated.

He watched her expressions, seeing if his words had any effect on her. " you were just doing your job." She looked over at him, still frowning but slowly nodded. "but if i hadn't threatened him, he wouldn't have fled. They wouldn't be out in this hard world alone with their diseases..."

Mr Hood shook his head and stood up, " it doesn't help to blame yourself and to worry. Lets get some sleep so we can start searching again in the morning." He started to walk away, but before he entered his room he heard Dr rose weakly call out " thank you"

He smiled, " Welcome." closing the door behind him.