Twenty three - alone

Okay; I chickened out of making the smut. I thought too deep into it so we are going to skip it.

I will add the smut at the end of the book as an extra for those who really want to know what happened.

So we are starting off right after, both still naked. Sorry!

Also, just a few more chapters and this story is over. You guys might not like the ending .. Still debating if I should follow the movies ending and add to it or make my own.

--------

Alone. They left me; alone.

Luke whimpered as he tangled his hands through his hair again, tugging harshly at the roots. He felt tears start to steam down his face while he paced beside the road.

It felt like his chest was tightening, that his throat was on fire. He felt like he was unwanted. Again, he was left alone. He hated being alone.

Luke let out a choking sob and then a scream as he dropped to a crouch covering his head with his shaking hands. His body shook as he was racked with sobs.

How could they leave me alone?

He stood up and turned on his heels and headed down the path. Michael. He had to find Michael. Michael wants him, Michael loves him, Michaels always there for him.

Luke stumbled as he slowly walked, he moved as if he was dazed. His chest was still burning as tears kept running down his face.

His arms were crossed but his nails kept raking at his skin, not caring that they left bloody trails behind. It was one of the things he has always done as a child. Claw at himself till he bled, mostly when his family left him alone. He hated being alone. Alone.

With another choking sob, Luke stumbled and his legs just gave out. He dropped to his knees and dug his fingers into the cool dirt. His body was shaking but the sobs were now silent.

Luke pushed himself back till he fell on his bottom and hugged his knees close. He started rocking and whimpering while his hands curled into fists.

"How could you.. You're so stupid. Stupid stupid stupid!" With a cry of anger Luke started to chant "stupid" over and over as he slammed his fists upon his head with each time he said the word. He welcomed the pain.

Calum was laying on top of Michael, a hand running through his hair. They were both still naked and both coming down from their climax high.

His eyes were scanning deep into Michaels green hues, loving the beauty in them. " I- I " calums eyebrows flicked a few times and face contoured a little, "I love you.." He said softly.

Michaels small smile faded into a blank expression, he turned to look toward the stream near by. He wanted to say those words back, but he couldn't. He couldn't bring himself to say those three dangerous life changing words.

Calum frowned and grabbed Michaels chin, "hey.." He started to say but a sobbing scream interrupted him, making him jump.

Both Michael and Calum stood up, looking around. Michael was already rushing on his clothes, he looked panicked. "It sounded like Luke."

"Luke? Why would Luke be crying and screaming?" Calum asked as he zipped up his jeans.

"God I'm a fucking idiot. I left him. Fuck , I promised I would never leave him!" Michael rushed his words as he finally tugged on his shirt. "I can't believe I trusted that OCD freak with him!"

Calum didn't understand what Michael meant by leaving Luke. He shook his head and reached down to grab his shirt. He pulled it on and then stopped seeing Michael stand and rush off after he got his shoes on, making calums frown deepen.

Struggling to hurry, Calum messily put his shoes on. He grabbed his backpack and followed the direction Michael ran off, following the sounds of sobbing.

Calum soon came upon Luke, who was sitting with his knees to his chest but his hands were pounding away at his head, and Michael who was kneeling beside him frantically trying to stop Lukes hands.

"Luke! Luke calm down. Mikey's here now. I'm so sorry I'm so sorry! Please stop." Michaels words were gentle and soothing but panicked. When he finally was able to grab Lukes wrists he gasped, seeing the tons and tons of bloody scratch marks up and down Lukes arms.

"Michael?" Quietly asked Calum, he stepped closer and kneeled down on the other side of Luke. He ran a hand gently through the taller boys hair, making him lean his head back so he could get a better view of his face.

Lukes hair was a mess, his head was covered in bumps caused by himself, he even managed to have busted open his lower lip.

Calum narrowed his eyes, "did Ashton do this?" He asked. Michael sighed and shook his head, "Ashton can't touch anyone , Calum. Luke does this to himself when he panics.. He's scared to be left alone.."

Michael pulled Luke into a tight hug, silencing the sobbing boy. He ran his hands up and down Lukes back and shoulders, trying to sooth him.

"He's-- he's gone. It's my fault, he left." Luke choked out in a mumble.

Calum stood up and ran a hand through his hair with a heavy sigh, "what do you mean by gone?"

Luke sniffled and looked up at calum, wrapping an arm around Michael. "I.. I said some mean things and he ran.. He took the car and drove off.."

"Fucking cunt!" Calum angrily said, half of it being his Tourettes. "I'll kill him! We are at least a mile from the nearest town!"

Michael stood, pulling Luke with him. "We should start going then.." Luke whimpered and tightened his grip on Michael, pressing his body firmly against the shorter boy.

"Fuck-- yeah. Come on." Calum said with a sigh.

Even though Michael was exhausted, he followed Calum with Luke clinging to him.