Fourteen- almost caught

"like this?" a voice said loudly, waking calum out from his slumber. " No , emo, like this!" the other voice said. The sound of scrubbing was heard along with giggles. Calum groaned and sat up, rubbing his cheek since it felt numb.

He fell asleep in the back seat , with his head on michaels lap. But he was now alone back there, luke and ashton were in the front. Luke was watching ashton rub down the steering wheel with a wet hand sanitizer wipe. Luke was trying to mimic the scrubbing pattern with one of his own wipes on the dashboard, trying to help clean up the car for ashton.

Calum ran a hand across his chin, wiping off the drool. He was glancing around, noticing the car windows were rolled down. "wheres michael?" he asked, looking down at the photo of his mom that must have fell out of his pocket.

"peeing. Puking. i dont know." ashton replied, coldly. Calum frowned and put down the picture of his mom beside him on the seat. he looked up to see luke staring back at him, " hes out there going potty, i think."

"Thanks luke." Calum said as he opened the door and crawled out. He squinted at the bright light that was reflecting off the lake as he looked around again. He started talking, making his way around few trees. His hands curled into fists as his body tensed with another wave of tourrettes outbursts coming, " holy- holy ti-tin man wants a heart. "

He paused from walking once he got to the edge of the lake. He stared down into its dark waters then glanced up at the parking lot across from it. A familiar blue car pulled up and stopped, one of its doors swung open and a blond woman stepped out.

Calum squinted his eyes again, trying to get a better view. A Familiar man soon stepped out of the car, slamming the door behind him. " this is Ridiculous!" the man angrily Stated. "That guy said they asked about a lake, right?" The lady said as she made her way around the car to where the guy was standing.

"and this being the only lake in this shit town, i suppose they gotta be somewhere around here, right?" spoke the man, still sounding angry and annoyed. The woman rolled her eyes and walked over to the edge of the lake, crossing her arms. " it stopped raining 30 minutes ago, they're gone!" Exclaimed the man.

Calums eyes widened, his eyebrows shot up. He felt a tremble surge through his body, he parted his mouth to call out but no words could form right away. He struggled as he watched the man and woman speaking. The lake wasnt that large, so if he could see them then they could clearly see him if they only looked his way.

Mr Hood rolled his eyes and turned around pulling out his phone. He brought it to his ear and started to pace as he checked his messages, "5 missed calls. Shit." the man grumbled. Dr Rose sighed and looked up, spotting calum across the lake. It was her turn for her to widen her eyes and look surprised. " oh my god.." she mumbled.

"what?" Said Mr Hood, surprisingly hearing her. He turned and walked over to stand beside her. He looked at her then followed her gaze to the spot she was staring at, across the lake. "its them!" she said, nearly breathlessly.

"okay , okay" she started to say, holding her hands up. She wanted to approach the situation calm and collected, she didnt want to scare them off. " lets just approach them calmly and quietly..."

"CALUM!" Mr hood roared, his words echoing through the trees.

"or not.." Dr rose said with a sigh.

Calums eyes grew bigger, " shit, fuck, shit, fucking fuck!" he took a step back.

"get over here now!" Mr Hood shouted at calum. "Kiss my ass." hissed calum quietly.

Mr Hood narrowed his eyes, seeing his son still standing there not moving a muscle. " Now hes just fucking with me." he said, turning around and heading for his car.