Twenty eight - a new path

okay, this was the ending of the movie! want me to add an extra chapter for an epilogue?

i hope you guys enjoyed this journey as much as i have! Dont forget to check out the movie, its currently on Netflix as "The Road Within". There is even a German version but calum was based off of the actor in the american one.

------

Calums father met him outside of the hospital with the car ready to go. Calum sighed and rubbed his face with his hands as he approached the car, not really wanting to ride with his dad.

"You alright?" Mr hood asked as he opened the passenger side of the car for his son.

Calum paused and looked at his father, "and since when did you care?" He rudely asked.

"Calum, stop. " mr hood said, only getting another sigh from Calum.

"Calum." Mr hood said. Calum hissed and stepped forward, shoving his dad. "What? What do you want from me?!"

Mr Hood frowned, looking at his son. "Nothing.." he took a few steps toward calum, who was nodding and waving his hand in dismissal. "Can we please just--" Mr Hood started, but calum interrupted " good good, cause i dont want anything from you either!" Calum turned and tried to walk the other way, not sure where he was going.

"Calum, Stop. I am trying to have a conversation with you but you are making it impossible." Mr Hood said, trying to follow his son. Calum threw his hands in the air and spun around to face his father, " im making a conversation impossible? maybe its because i have fucking tourettes!" calum said, tapping his own head angrily.

Mr hood sadly shook his head, "Calum , dont.."

Calum narrowed his eyes and turned around, heading for the side walk, away from the parking lot and his father.

"calum stop! dont be this person!" Mr Hood hollered at Calum, trying to stop him from walking away.

Calum groaned and grabbed at his hair as he spun around to face his father again, he tugged in anger and frustration. His face scrunched up as he quickly approached his father, " oh, what -- what-- what person am i being?" he demanded, dropping his arms back to his side.

"me!" Mr Hood said, pointing to himself. Calum was surprised by the answer, so he paused from moving and took deep heavy breaths.

"You got my temper, thats for sure. but the rest of this-- this isnt you." Mr hood said, opening his arms as if to signal to everything around them. "youre more like your mom. And thank god for that, because i would have completely failed you as a father if you end up anything like me."

Calums anger was slowly subsiding as he listened to his father, he parted his mouth and licked at the corner of his lips as he watched his father speak. "and i cant live with that," mr hood continued, "i just cant. "

Calum looked down at the ground, putting his hands on his hips. " She ... wasnt perfect either. " It was painful to admit that about his mother, but he had to be honest.

Mr hood shook his head, feeling his eyes burning with the threat of tears. "No, she wasnt. but i wish i had half the strength that she did. She was one tough lady." he admitted, watching his son tear up more.

Calum sniffled and ran the back of his hand across his nose, feeling tears roll down his cheeks. " obviously not tough enough. " he whimpered out a sob, covering his face with his hands. His father stared in sympathy, still trying to fight his own tears. It was breaking his heart seeing his son cry.

Mr Hood boldly approached his son, slowly pulling him into an embrace. Calum winced and tried to jerk away but his fathers hold was strong and comforting. He buried his face into his fathers shoulder, sniffling loudly again. He let out another whimper and grunt, feeling his fathers hand rub up and down his back.