Thirteen- the reason

herpaderp, two updates. :D

--------

Ashton and Calum were leaning forward, staring at the window as the rain poured down. It was a heavy rain, making it hard to see. The windshield wipers were moving so slow, not even helping a bit. Calum frowned, Ashton raised his eyebrows in amusement, Michael glared and Luke giggled. 

"Thats the highest setting.." Ashton said, letting his head slowly turn along with the wipers. " But i can make it go slower if you like." Another giggle came from luke. He leaned forward, grabbing ahold of ashtons seat. " Looks like we are stuck." 

Ashton winced feeling his seat move, it caused him to grip the steering wheel tighter. Michael was still glaring at the wipers that seemed to be moving in slow motion. Calum was tensing and jerking a little, from getting a bit stressed that they weren't moving. 

They were pulled over a rest stop area, but this one was nicer then the last. It was beside a lovely lake and was surrounded by trees of all kinds. The down pour making it impossible for them to go anywhere, but they were lucky that they were able to grab subway with what little cash and time they had. 

Calum sat back, munching on his sandwich staring out the window beside him. Luke was lounging in the back with michael , but both werent eating. Instead they were smoking a cigarette, sharing one between each other. 

The smoke wafted up to the front seat, making ashton scrunch his nose in disgust. He was trying to eat but the smell was making it hard. "Put that out!" he demanded, glancing back seeing it was michael who had it between his lips. 

"Make me." teased michael. He was glancing down, messing with lukes bracelets. He was playing with them but was secretly doing it to see if luke had recently cut himself. 

"Hey, how much money do we have left?" Luke asked, leaning between the seats stealing a pickle from calum. Calum squeaked and swatted at lukes large hand. " like six dollars." calum answered with a scrunch of his face from a tic.

"Michael can live off of that for a week," Ashton said, trying to be mean. Michael rolled his eyes and passed over his cig to luke, he stuck his tongue out at ashton. 

"Hey, Leave him alone." Defended calum, he glanced over at the back seats to see luke was lounging back again while michael sat there picking at his bracelets but he was watching calum. when their eyes met calum blushed a little,

"would- would you like a --" he grunted and whistled a little, causing michaels blank expression to turn a little into a small smile. " a bite of my sandwich?" Michaels small smile soon faded into a frown, he shook his head taking the cigarette back from luke. 

He put it between his lips taking a long drag, " no thanks." he softly replied while blowing out the smoke.  Calum frowned as well, " maybe my -- HA FATTY" he winced and looked away quickly. He really hated how his tourettes would make him say things he would never want to say or that he didnt even believe to be true. 

Michael sighed and looked away, not seeing calum shaking his head. Luke glanced over at michael, seeing that the shorter boy was trying to hide the fact it effected him. " sorry.." Calum said softly. 

"Maybe my chips?" calum pressured, looking back at Luke and Michael. Luke was chewing on his lower lip, sucking the piercing between his teeth. He too wanted michael to eat, but he knew better to pressure the boy.

 " no." Michael replied, it sounded forced and a tad angry. Calum looked away , glancing toward ashton who was struggling with eating in the drivers side. "um,  my Pickle?" Calum asked again, he really wanted michael to eat something.