Chapter 9

Alice's P.O.V

We reached Texas airport and were waiting for Britney's parents,suddenly a man came towards me and whispered "are you Alice?" I nodded "come with us quick" he mentioned showing us a red car. We both headed towards that car and got in.

"Are we in some kind of action movie or a thriller movie?" Aiden laughed and I elbowed him "stop joking around Aiden" I said and looked at the driver "where are we going and from whom are we hiding?"I asked him. "don't you know someone killed Britney" he said with a serious tone.

"KILLED"I shouted, my suspicions were right, she was killed But by whom? "Alice please don't cry, please Alice" Aiden cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears. He hugged me from side "who was it tell me" I asked the driver. He sighed "maybe jack will tell you the other things, I'm not allowed to speak more miss" he said. "But I want to know and who is jack" I yelled but he didn't answered. "Alice  calm down first let him take us to Britney's place, after that we will see other things. For now please calm down" he said rubbing my back. I leaned over his shoulders and held his arms and for some reason I was feeling comfortable.

After a 1 hour ride, we reached a house, actually it was a mansion. We got down and the driver drove off leaving us at the door.

As we walked inside a maid came to us "welcome, our mistress is waiting for you in that room, let us take your bags and you can go and meet them" she said pointing to a room. I sighed and went to that room, as we entered that room we saw Britney's parents alone with a man elder than me. "Alice?" he asked and I nodded. "Welcome to my house" he said with a warm smile and I smiled back. "Hello Mam" I said to Britney's mom "call me Clara, dear" she said and I nodded"and who's this young man" she asked looking at Aiden "Hello mam, I'm Alice's boyfriend" he said and I looked at him with shock"oh my my, Alice you got yourself a great man" she said with a smile and I forced a smile, giving Aiden a glare.

"I'm Jack" that man finally told his name "oh so you are jack, so maybe you will tell me about Britney's death" I asked him straight forward. He looked at me surprised and gave a small smirk "yeah actually we all have to tell you about her" he said and looked at Clara.

"Alice, Jack is that person whom Britney wanted to introduce you" she said "and why so?"I asked her, "After your brother died Britney become so lonely, she made her life hell. She used to drink, hang out in pubs all night and never cared for her life but then Jack found her" she said with a smile "he helped her with her life and made her to return to her normal life again. We all hoped their marriage since Britney was happy after she found jack. 2weeks back she wanted to tell you these all things and she said she will go and meet you. But before she could even meet you, she died" Clara started crying, Jack came near me"Alice and Aiden can you both come with me, we will continue our talk in our guest room" he said. I looked at Clara and she nodded while crying in her husband's arms.

We followed Jack to the guest room "Alice" he sighed,"don't try to hide anything jack, I want to know who killed her" I said making him glance at me in shock "Alice how did you? the driver told you didn't he?" he asked and I nodded.

He sat down on the couch and ran his hands down his face. "It was the day of our engagement Alice; she was happy and so beautiful. She said she wanted to go to you. She said after Revin she only cared for you. She wanted to meet you after our engagement. At the party she got a text, she felt nervous and she went out of the room. I called her but she said she got some urgent work and she will be back in sometime, I nodded and kissed her but after30 minutes we all heard a gunshot, I rushed out of the house and saw her in blood no one was there near her. We immediately rushed her to the hospital but by then she lost more blood and I wasn't able to save her Alice. She said she loved your brother and she wanted to save you and she said that she loves me."He cried, I sat down before him placing my hands on his shoulders

"After we reached hospital and doctors took her into the surgery room. After 1 hour the doctor said that she couldn't make out, I rushed inside there she was lying on the bed with a painful smile, it was like her last smile. I went near her "hey" she forced a smile "Britney don't leave me" I cried "shh jack don't cry I love you" she said holding my hands "what I'll do without you" I asked her"you must live your life jack and I'll be watching you" she said"jack could you do me a favor please" she asked and I nodded"would you tell Alice that Robert is back" she said "he wanted to know about Alice and I refused to tell him, so he shoot me with a gun" she said tears falling down her cheeks."

I got up in fear "what are you saying how can he be back" I yelled in fear. Jack nodded confirming my fears "Alice he came out of jail and the first person he visited was Britney he wanted to know about you but she didn't answered so he killed her" he said and I started crying "how... How could he know Britney, Revin never mentioned her to him"I said in tears Aiden hugged me "calm down Alice" he said rubbing my back "how can I be calm Aiden, he killed her, he killed my parents my brother and now he killed Britney "I sobbed into his chest and he held me close.

"Alice, he got to know many things about your family and before leaving from jail he got to know about Britney. He thought that she may know about you and he came to her. Britney asked you to move out of your apartment and go to a place where you could be safe" he said "she will be with me and I'll protect her from that Robert "Aiden said to jack and hugged me tightly "Ok Aiden I trust you for now take care of her, I'll go to Clara" he said and left the room.

Aiden's P.O.V

She was crying and crying continuously I couldn't see her like this. I didn't know anything about her past and how could a man like Robert can be in her life. I got to know that he killed her family and now he is after her. I wanted to ask her about him and I wanted to protect her.

I sighed and glanced at her, she was sleeping now, I lifted her and laid her down on our bed. She's so fragile how can a person do this to her.I sighed and slept with her in my arms.

I promised myself to protect her and I'll never let her go. I love her.