This Life

A few weeks later...

Milan

"Nigga what are you doing? You better make sure the money gets to Nino or its your ass." "Princess come!" My father yells. I stare at this sorry excuse of a damn worker before walking off. I might be a female but I know all about this shit. I can run this just as good if not better than August ass could. He's really good at what he does but I think I'm better. I get into my father's office, "Princesa what have I told you about yelling at my guys?" The door opens and August walks in. "If he," I point at August, "was doing his job correctly, I wouldn't have to say a thing."

"You're always concerning yourself with grown men business, don't you have nails to go get done or something?" "Don't you have money you need to be transporting!" I shoot back. "I would be but you're holding up progress Princess." He put an emphasize on princess. I roll my eyes at him, I can't stand him I swear. "Go plant some roses you aren't doing anything else anyway." The smirk drops off his face.

His ass is probably still mad as hell I didn't take his cheap ass flowers. I swear I'm never triple double dating with then again. I could've found better shit to do with my time. I was glad to see my girls happy and enjoying themselves but that shit was not for me me. Josh dumbass wanted to hang out after that shit too, nigga has lost his damn mind. He walked on me with a anther bitch and an ugly on at that. Once I cross you off my list, it's over and done with for you. My father speaks, "August the address is on this paper and deal with Ricardo." "You got it boss."

"Princesa no more disruptions. Go hang with your friends, not around here all day with me. I don't need my daughter doing my job." "Si papi but I've double check the money, it's a 900 dollar gap and he's the only one that's been collecting. Nino asked me about the gap personally."

My father places his hands under his chin, "Nino should not be talking to my daughter. Next time Nino comes see you I want you to send him to me." "Okay." "Do a me favor and call your aunt?" "Okay." What does she want? I walk into my room and grab my phone. "Hola Bonita! How are you?" "I'm great. How are you?" "I'm good. Listen I have this nice young man I want you to meet..." Oh brother, "Who?" "His name is Santana." "Santana who?" "Santana Nixon." Did I hear her correctly, " As in The Nixon's who runs the entire West Coast Nixon." "Si Milan." Hell yes I'll meet him. I smile, "Okay." If he's anything like his father the niceness is a mirage.

"He'll be in town next week. Be nice to him, show him around." "I can do that." "Good. I'm trying to gain his family business for my catering company. They loved the food now it's just getting them to sign the dotted line." "You're so using me." "You'll enjoy it. He's very handsome." "So I've heard. I'll be expecting some enchiladas for dinner." "You little runt." I laugh, "Thank you aunt Silvia." "Your welcome I'll see you later on. Love you." "Love you more."

Once I hang up I walk down the stairs. "What did Silvia want?" "Just a guy she wants me to meet." My father looks, "What guy?" "Santana Nixon." He spits. "My daughter will not be anywhere near a Nixon. They can't be trusted." "But Papi it's for Silvia business. She's trying to make a good impression." He sighs, "Only under one condition." If he says August name I'm going to fucking scream. "What's that Papi?" "No never I can't ask my daughter to do something. I'll get August to do it." If August can do it so can I! My father knows how I feel about the "family" business. I've been trying to inch my way into but the only thing I've done is counting the money and making some bricks. I've watched all the fun stuff but never have I been able to do it myself. "What is it? I can do it. You know I can." "Set him up."

Chris

"Mama!" "Boy you scared me. What do you want?" I laugh, "I'm sorry." She makes me a plate and we sit down at the table. "So what's been keeping you so busy?" I bite into the chicken, "Well basketball and working for Unc, and a girl." "What kind of girl?" "How many kinds are there?" I ask laughing. "You know what I meant." She laughs, "Who is she?" "You know Aliyah Milan's friend right?" "Vaguely." "It's her."