Unfolding The Layers

Milan

I told that bitch I was gone get her and I got her ass, I got her ass real good. She's lucky August was there to grab me off of her or she would've been dead. I should've shot her but let's hope this time she gets the picture. August hasn't said much since then but I don't care. I already told him what the deal was and I tried doing the shit his way. On another note I'm really worried about Aliyah! I've gone over to her house, no one is home and no one has been there for the last few days.

"Babe." He looks up at me. I grab his SnapBack off his head and put it on mine. "Cute don't you think?" He looks at me and then tries to snatch it back but I'm too quick for him this time. "Stop playing and give me back my shit." He says finally talking. He grabs my waist and his hat. "Where we going today?" I ask. "No where. Why?" I shrug my shoulders, "Wanna go shopping or something?" His phone rings, "Who this?... What!.... Where you at?... Alright stay right there."

Chris

I pull up to Aliyah grandma's. "What's up Jamari?" He comes over and high fives me. I walk inside the house and see Aliyah and her grandma sitting on the sofa. "What's up baby? Hey grandma." I say sitting beside Aliyah. "Hey baby." She leans over and hugs me then gets up. "Be be back grandma." She reaches down for my hand. I get up, grab her hand, and we we into a bedroom. She hugs me tightly, really tight.

"You alright?" She sighs heavily, "My moms was killed." My heart drops, "Damn. Who? Why?" "My father and she owed him money I guess. I knew her addiction would have lead her down one of the road. I didn't know it would be so soon." I've never heard her talk about her father. "I'm sorry for your lost baby. Yo pops around like that?" She shakes her no, "No that's the thing I assumed he was dead or in prison. She never spoke on him and I see why now." "Damn that's fucked up."

Aliyah

The only thing I'm sad about is really how sad I'm not over my mother being gone. It's been crazy and it feels sort of weird but I feel a feeling of relief as well. A huge feeling of relief. My life is about to change as I know it. No more of her constantly holding everything over my head, no more drugs, no more nothing. "It's alright. I may sound horrible for saying this but I'm glad she's gone." "Why you say that?" "Baby it's a lot you didn't know. She had me getting drugs for her, holding the Jamari shit over my head, and I already told you about the DaQuan thing."

He shakes his head, "Well that you won't have to worry about anymore especially the DaQuan situation that shit was taken care of a long time ago." I look from the ground back up to him, "You killed him?" "Yeah." "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. "I didn't want you worried about it." I knew it was something man. Hell I'm glad he's gone too..

Latesha

I look over at the clock and it's noon. Trey just lets my ass sleep all damn day too. I get up and walk into the kitchen where he is. "Hey baby." I wrap my arms around him, "What's good baby? You sleep good?" He's munching on whatever he's cooking. "Yeah but would love it if I didn't sleep the entire day away." He laughs, "Don't be tryna deprive my child if they sleep." "They won't know the difference no way." I say laughing.

"When is your next appointment?" He asks. That is a good question. "Well baby I don't know. I have to go look." "Alright cool lunch is served. Here's you a plate. Makayla!" She seems to be to her self a lot. I assumed that it would be awkward to be here with all of us but nah. It's the exact opposite. "Makayla!"

Trey

This girl still sleep? I walk into the room and see her laying on the sofa. "Makayla I made lunch you better come eat this shit." This girl is really knocked out. "Makayla." "What Trey damn?" I laugh, "I made lunch." "Nigga I'll eat when I wake up." I suck my teeth and walk back in the dining room. "She ain't joining us?" Latesha asks. "Nah she sleeping." "Nigga what the fuck you put in our drinks." She says laughing. "A damn baby. Pregnant asses."

"You talk to yo mama?" I shake my head, "Yeah. She apologized for how she acted but she's really mad at me for waiting a minute to say something. Makayla and yo doctor knows her, she ran into her at the store, doc issued a congratulations, mama ain't know what the fuck for." I say biting into my sandwich. "Oh wow." Latesha says. "It should be all good now." "I guess."

August

Lashonda car was hit and that shit took a toll on her. All she can say was it was some Hispanics. More than likely this shit had to do with Santana. I don't understand how the hell they know I'm even connected to her. Shit like this is why I keep Milan close. She swear it's just me being too overprotective but that's not the entire case. Shit in this game can get ugly fast and nothing is off limits. Not like I mind bodying a couple of niggas for her but I ain't trying to see shit happen to her neither.

"You good baby?" She ask walking back inside the waiting room. "Yeah I'm alright." She sits on my lap wrapping her arms around my neck. "Good. How did they know? You think someone is following us?" I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know." She sighs, "Well baby. All we can do is hope for the best." "You right." My phone rings, "What's good?" I say answering. "Aug." "Yeah what's up?" "I need you." Sighing, "I can't right now." "Yes you can. Only you can help me. Can't you hear this shit is in my voice? I only need you to just show up, that's it. August you've been great to me just come the-" "Maybe later bye Shatarah."

Milan head snaps back so damn fast. "Shatarah?" Here she go with an attitude. "Yes Milan." "Why are you talking to her?" I sigh, I'm not feeling where this shit is going already. "I was helping her out with some money here and there." "For what?!" She yells moving off of me. I never understood Milan's hatred for Shatarah and don't want to try to understand right now either. "She called about two years ago for Santiago asking if he could help her out and he said no then she begged me for it. I couldn't leave her and her two kids high and dry like that."

"Yes the fuck you can.." "Milan that's heartless as fuck." She shrugs her shoulders, "I'll be heartless then. Bitch name puts a bad taste in my fucking mouth." I suck my teeth, "Chill out man." "No she chose her path August. You can't come back and try and switch up and when you don't get your way you try to take shit. My father would kill you if he knew you were helping her."

I know she's not talking about anybody decisions, "She chose to go off and try to do something with herself, while you did what? You can't knock the girl at least Santiago ain't the one slapping her around. I'm a grown ass man Santiago can't dictate who I give my money too.."

"I see how you really feel. I got it....While you're trying to call out what the fuck I'm doing to defend her, let me tell you first the bitch ain't a saint. Did she tell you how she tried breaking in the house? My father spared her. While you were off on drug trips and shit did she call you and let you know she was the one who stole a whole two months worth of drugs from the Wright street house, my father spared her. So don't sit here and say my father doesn't do shit for her when you only know one side of the story. He even tried sending her go rehab after she tried to sell them two kids for drugs. Did she tell you that? I didn't think so. The bitch is a fucking junkie. Giving her money doesn't do shit but feed her problem. You can go throw that bitch a pity party somewhere else. Tell her to keep calling yo phone and I make pop ups, half ass sister or not."