Try Me

Milan

I scribble on the board really bored as hell. I've been here for a week now and hopefully I'm able to go home soon. As far as company goes Aliyah and Chris has been up a lot, Tesha and Trey comes down and hang here for a bit, and August is still here, I don't see how he sleeps in that damn chair. But he only leaves when my father needs him to run errands. I'm grateful for his help but he's still a rude jack ass.

His phone starts to ring. "Yeah boss?.... Alright... I'll look into that." He raises up, "I'll be back Milan." I nod my head as he leaves out. A sit there and draw a dress outline. The door opens, "Milan?" I look up and see Santana with Balloons and flowers, and a card. Why is he here? How did he know where I was at? I erase my drawing and begin to write. Why are you here?, I face the board to him. "I wanted to check on you." He says coming over to my bed.

I write, Please go jump off a damn cliff, my face is swollen as hell and my damn jaw is fractured because of you! "Milan I didn't know that shit was going to happen. I stepped back inside the club for a few minutes and came out to see you were gone. I thought you ditched me." I roll my eyes. He has another thing coming if he thinks I'm falling for that I didn't know bullshit. He continues talking, "Milan I would never in my life let some shit like that happen if I was out there. You already I have two sisters, I'd body all them niggas if some shit like this was happen. Believe me I'm looking the niggas who did this shit to you."

I turn my head away from him. One I don't want to hear shit he has to say two he smells good as fuck. If I look into those gorgeous ass eyes I know I'll give in. This shit is inexcusable. "Princesa I'm sorry. I bought your favorite candy . I grab the board, Fuck you and your damn candy. "Plus balloons and flowers and this really amazing apology card." He says chuckling a little. I dont see anything funny. "I bought all of this as a peace offering... A Nixon man never apologizes to anyone but me, right here right now, I'm begging for your forgiveness... The club was a bad ideas Let me make it up to you."

Chris

"Ma I'll be back." I yell. "Where you going Chris?" She so nosey. "To Aliyah's." "Okay. Don't be doing nothing you ain't got no business doing." I laugh, "Ma I'm twenty four years old. What shouldn't I be doing?" She stands at the top of the stairs, "Boy you know what you aren't supposed to be doing. I'm too young to be a grandma." "Yo chill on that baby stuff!" She laughs, "I'm just saying Christopher."

I leave over Aliyah's. Today is the day I make Aliyah official mine. My phone starts ringing, "What up?" I answer. "Where you at?" Trey asks. "About to go to Aliyah's. Where you at?" "Oh the way to go see Tesha. You spoke to Aug?" "Nah not today. Santiago got him doing shit probably. Ima go up to the hospital in a few I'll see you there." "Alright! Later nigga." We hang up.

I pull up to Santiago's and get out. I look over and see some nigga coming out Aliyah's house. Who the fuck is that? I grab my phone and my way over there. The guy drives off as I walk across the street. I knock on the door. The door opens, "Hm. It's you." Aliyah mother says. "Aliyah!" She yells. Aliyah walks to the door. "Hey Chris. What you doing here?" She asks stepping to the door. "Just came to kick it with you. Are you busy?" She comes out the door, "Nah I just got dressed." "Wanna roll to the hospital?" I ask. "Sure... Ma I'm gone!"

We get inside my car. I wanna ask who that was but maybe I'd be overstepping my boundary. Then again fuck this boundary shit. "So uh who was that walking out the house before I knocked?" "Just a family friend. He was visiting my mother." She says. "Oh.. Cool." We get to the hospital and head inside. "What's up?" I say to Milan. She waves. "These are cute Milan." I look over. August got her ass flowers?

Aliyah

"Who got you those?" I ask her. Milan glances over at Chris before writing on the board, Santana. I roll my eyes, "That's a joke right?" Nope, she writes. "Girl please tell me August handled that?" I say putting my hand on my hip. "August handled what?" Chris asks. Me and Milan exchange looks, "Nothing." Chris walks over to the bed. "Where this stuff come from Milan? August.." As soon as Chris says this August walks in, "What I got?" Milan rolls her eyes. Thanks Aliyah, Milan writes. Ima act like I care, Santana ass shouldn't have been here near her in the first place.