Joy and Pain

Milan

"Auntie Milan." I wake up and see Roc standing over me. "Yes darling?" I ask moving August hand from my stomach rising up. "Um do you think... Well at least Ratarah, she's hungry. Can she have some food?" He asks looking down at the ground. "Yes baby. Are you hungry too?" He shakes his head yes. "Alright come on let's go make some breakfast."

We stop by the guest room to get Ratarah and then go down the stairs. "What y'all want?" I go over to the fridge and take a look at what we have. "Eggs!" "And Sausage." I take out the eggs and sausage and walk over to the pantry. "Ow and pancakes!" I say grabbing the box. I turn around and begin to dig out the pans.

I lean back up and feel somebody behind me. "Good morning beautiful." I smile, "Good morning." He sits his head at the crook of my neck. "You cooking? Should I alert the fire department now or later?" I push him off me. "Guess who won't eating?." The kids chuckle. "So can we call you uncle Aug?" Ra asks. "Yeah that's fine." He say sitting his head right back on me. I flip the pancake over and it comes out perfectly golden.

"Y'all in school or something?" Aug asks. "We were." They say at the same time. My phone starts ringing, "Hey daddy." I say dryly. "What are you doing Princesa?" "Cooking breakfast." "Well that's good. Where's August?" "Right here talking to Ratarah and Roc Jr." It gets quiet, "Why is Shatarah in my house?" I sigh. As much as I hate the bitch and as naive as August may have been, I'm still covering for him, "She's not. Dropped them off at the door and was gone before we had a chance to open it."

"That girl!" He goes off into saying something in Spanish. I don't have time for this. "I'm about to burn the waffles I gotta go dad." I hang up. "You aren't making waffles." Ra says. "You sure aren't Milan." August says. I glance back at him, "Don't even. You're still on thin ice from last night." He laughs, "I thought we got over that."

"Nah dawg." RA and Roc laugh as they walk out. I assume they're going to sit at the table. I go to cook the eggs with August still attached to me. "Baby moveeeee." I whine. He messing up my flow I got going over here. "Guess what?" "What nigga?" I ask. "Hell to the fucking no." I roll my eyes. "You so annoying." "You like it tho." He licks my face. Who does that shit? "You really just tried it. You're not a thug anymore that move just fucked it all up."

Chris

We ride over to Aliyah's Grandma's. We're talking Jamari out today for his birthday. I had some homework I need to get done before tomorrow but this is more important. "Baby Alivia is gorgeous!" I smile, "I know. We're supposed to go up there later on to see her and Trey." "Cool. Latesha says Trey mama is a straight bitch." I laugh, "They probably just got off on the wrong foot. Mama A be on that other shit sometimes too so who knows." I say turning on to her grandma's street.

"How does your mom feel about me?" Aliyah asks. "She loves you." She really does love her. Every time she calls she's asks about Aliyah and Jamari. I pull into her grandma's driveway. "Awww." Aliyah says smiling. I smile back, "You know it baby." I open my door, "Now let's go get the birthday boy." We walk up to the door and Jamari is waiting at the door. "What's up man? Happy birthday!" He smiles and gives me a high five, "Hi man." He says back. "Hey baby." "Hey mama." We walk inside and grandma has to the place did up.

"Well hello young man." Grandma says hugging me. "Hey grandma." It's cake and ice cream on the table and few of Jamari friends. We didn't know grandma was doing all of this. "I hope you don't mind Aliyah. He asked for a few of his friends to come over." "Oh no grandma it's fine. Just let get they corner piece of the cake right there." Aliyah says laughing.

Aliyah

My baby boy was really enjoying himself. I really wish I could have gotten him something for his day but I'm broke as fuck right now. Chris was going to play for Monkey Joes. I serious don't understand what I did to deserve him, he is fucking amazing. A year ago I would have never imagined this, all of this. It's crazy how he went from being my little secret to my man. My imagination isn't wild enough to imagine some of the shit we've done. I love his thug basketball playing ass.

"I'll be back baby." Chris says getting up. I finish off my piece of cake. "Alright who's ready for presents!" My grandma yells. Ugh this broke shit sucks. We go into the living room and Jamari begins to open his presents. The look of joy on his face is priceless. I smile as I watch. A few minutes later, "Alright time for games." "Wait one more present." Chris walks in with a big ass box. "From mama and man." He says sitting the box in front of Jamari. "Bike!" Jamari yells happily. Chris sits back beside me. "Thank you baby so much!" He smiles, "No problem beautiful."

August

"Man y'all tripping the jungle book was the best Disney movie ever." I say grabbing some popcorn. "No it wasn't the Lion King was the best actually." Milan baby ass says. "You don't know a classic when you see one baby girl." She laughs, "Old head. I barely sat through that movie." She says. "Uncle Aug and Auntie Milan I think Aladdin is the greatest." Ra says. "Damn- I mean dang I forget about Aladdin. That's a classic too." "Watch your mouth thug." I say covering her mouth. "Stop doing that."

"You whine entirely too much." She sticks her tongue out. "I got some you can do-... Nevermind young ears in the room." She leans on me and covers up. "Press play Roc." Milan says. He gets up and presses play. While we say here discussing all these old Disney movies we're about to watch The Little Mermaid.

I actually feel asleep doing the movie. I wake up to the credit rolling through. Milan is sleep too and Ra. "Roc you sat here and watched all that?" I ask. "Yeah uncle Aug." He says looking back at me smiling. "Go throw some clothes on we're about to see one of my friends at the hospital." Speaking of a hospital I need to call and check on Lashonda. I shake Milan, "Wake up girl." "Fuck you." I laugh, she so damn mean. "We are about to go see Trey and yo bestie. Get up before I push yo ass." She pops up, "One don't say bestie ever again and two I wish you would." I grab her face and push her lips into mine. "Uhm mhm sure Milan let's go."

Latesha

I was so glad when Trey said the crew was coming up today, I can't fucking wait. "Latesha come here sweetie I need to show you how to properly change a diaper." I've heard my tongue far too long. "No what you need to do is show Makayla. I have 7 more months to learn all of this. She doesn't. Stop telling me what I need to do my name is Trey." She looks back at me. "I didn't mean it in that manner." Like hell she didn't, she's been giving my ass the stank eye since she met me. "Okay." I all I say.

I walk out of the room to answer my phone. "Hello?" "How are you Latesha?" My mother says. I'm already dealing with one monster I don't need another one. "I'm fine. You?" I ask. "I'm good. How's my grandbaby?" "They're good too." What does she want? "I just wanted to apologize for the whole fight." "It's okay. I'm sorry too I guess." She laughs, "Where's Trey?" "Holding his daughter." She coughs, "He had children already?" "I'll explain the whole story later."

Trey

August and Milan and somebody kids walk inside the room. "What's good Bro?" Aug says dapping me up. "What's up? Who kids?" "Milan niece and nephew." I forgot all about Shatarah ass. "Dang. How y'all end up with them?" I ask. "Long story bruh." Ratarah walks over. Her and Roc have gotten big. "Is they your baby?" She ask. "Yeah her name is Alivia." "She's pretty." She says staring down at her. "She really is. Hey mama." Milan says grabbing her. "Damn I don't get a hey first. "Awww. She's adorable Trey."

I smile, yeah I help make the adorable baby, everyone is so crazy over. "August!" My mama yells. "What's up ma?" He goes over to hug her. I grab my baby back from Milan. "Hi Milan." My mother says hugging her. "Latesha!" Milan runs over to her hugging her. "I haven't seen you in forever." Latesha smiles. I'm glad to see that. She been walking around here miserable as fuck.

Chris and Aliyah walk in and greets everyone. We finally got the crew all here plus some. I miss this and everyone is so happy. "Makayla..." I walk over to her bed side but she doesn't move. "Kayla." I shake her and nothing. "Call a nurse." My mama runs out and the doctors come in. "We're going to have to ask everyone to step out."