Chapter 3: Irresistible

Louis had changed from his outfit earlier today into a blue and white striped sweater and dark skinny jeans with red converse. He looked even better than he had earlier, if that was possible. He was sitting with his mom at the table, and he looked almost as suprised to see me as I had been to see him.

"Jay." Mom said, kissing Louis's mother on both cheeks. Jay was absolutely stunning, and it was easy to see where Louis had gotten his good looks from. "This is my husband, William, and my daughter, Stella."

Jay smiled at me, shaking my hand, then my dad's. "It's nice to finally meet you both! Julianna has told me all about you."

"Where are the girls?" My mom asked, and I assumed she was talking about Louis's sisters.

Jay sighed. "They're a bit tired from the move, so I let them stay in for the night. I had to drag Boo Bear over here out of his bedroom, but I wanted him to meet Stella."

"Mum!" Louis cried. 

Jay laughed. "He hates when I call him that! But he's still my little boy, no matter how many tattoos he has." She said, smiling widely. I liked her already. "Louis, come meet Stella."

" We already met, at school today." I explained. "We have first period together."

I could see mom's face light up. She was most likely already mentally naming Louis and I's future children. "Well we have some business to discuss before dinner. Why don't you two go take a walk on the beach? I'll text Stella when we're ready to eat."

I looked at Mom, horrified at her blatant attempts to force Louis and I together. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see an amused look on his face. He had obviously caught on to her as well. 

"Sounds good to me." He said, standing up.

I mentally started praying that I wouldn't make an absolute fool of myself before following him out the back door of the resteraunt and down the porch steps to the beach. It was a beautiful night. The waves crashed gently against the shore, mingling in with the various din coming from the bars, clubs and resteraunts that lined the beach. Louis started walking right, away from the noise, and I followed him down the sand, being careful not to trip in the pale moonlight.

"So." I said, anxious to break the silence. "How are you liking it here?"

Louis sighed, looking up at the starry sky, the moonlight illuminating his gorgeous ocean colored eyes. "It's too soon to tell, I guess. But it's a lot different from London."

"You'll like it here after a while. Miami sort of has this way of growing on you." I admitted. "Plus Eleanor Calder seems to like you, which is a plus in anyone's books."

Louis smirked. "She seems nice, and well fit." He said. "But i'm not really into the whole "relationship" thing."

"Relationship thing?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah." Louis nodded. "I'm all for having a bit of fun, but nothing serious."

"Oh." I said sadly. Well I guess the only thing better than Louis dating Eleanor was Louis dating nobody at all.

"You sound dissapointed." He said, teasingly.

"Don't flatter yourself, Tomlinson." I quipped. "I'm not looking for anything serious either." I said, which I guess in a way was true. There wasn't anyone besides Louis i'd be willing to go out with, and he was a self proclaimed perma-bachelor.

"Good." Said Louis, the smirk dropping of his face. "Then you'll have no problem making me a promise."

"Depends on what it is." I replied.