Chapter 21: Teenage Dirtbag (Part 2)

Warning: Smut, but it's not that bad:)

“I think you need a little more time to go home and pack your bags, because your going to bootcamp! It’s a yes from me.”

Harry dropped his microphone as the other boys piled on top of him, wrapping their arms around each other. 

"Thank you so much, you won't let you down." Liam said shakily into the his microphone, waving to the judges and the audience as they walked off stage. As soon as they were out of sight they sprinted towards us, tears of pride pooling in all of our eyes. I had never seen any of them looking so happy as they hugged us in turns. I even got tearful embraces from Harry and Zayn, who I had pretty much never talked to. When it came time for me to hug Niall, I wrapped my arms around him softly, not wanting to let our problems ruin the moment. 

"I'm really proud of you." I whispered, determined to be the bigger person. As he pulled away, I could have sworn that he had a regretful look in his eyes, but before he could say anything he was attacked by Eleanor, who had spent the entire audition sulking that Mario hadn't asked her any questions. I took the opportunity to sneak away towards Louis, who was receiving a bear hug from his Mom. He beamed when he saw me, holding out an arm and pulling me into him. 

"You were amazing." I said honestly, pushing a stray strand of hair out of his eyes. 

"I couldn't have done it without you." He whispered.

I smiled at him, about to suggest we go out to dinner or something to celebrate when the moment was interrupted by Harry.

"PARTY AT MY PLACE!" He yelled. "TEXT EVERYONE YOU KNOW, WE'RE GONNA GET TURNT UP TONIGHT BITCHES." 

Louis looked at me, obviously trying his hardest not to laugh. "Are you up for it?"

"Of course!" I insisted, even though in all honesty the last thing I wanted to do was go to a party. 

Our group filed out of the arena, agreeing that we would all meet back at Harry's in a couple of hours. Johannah and Louis drove me home, the latter promising that he would be back to pick me up and take me to the party since my car was supposedly in the shop. 

My parents had left me a note saying they were out for dinner with one of my dad’s associates, so I blasted Jay Z’s new album as I changed into a ripped chiffon Alexander McQueen dress with floral Jean Michel-Cazabet wedges, tying back my hair into a loose chignon. After swiping on some light eyeshadow and mascara, I texted Louis to tell him that I was ready, going downstairs to eat a quick snack of prosciutto and cheese while I waited. After about ten minutes I could see headlights in the driveway, so I grabbed my clutch and went outside to meet him. 

“Hey babe.” He smiled, getting out of his car to open the passenger door for me. I kissed him softly on lips before sliding in. “You look beautiful.” 

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” I joked, taking in his grey blazer, black t shirt and dark jeans. If anything, he looked better than ever. 

Harry lived in Coconut Grove, an upscale neighborhood right off Biscayne Bay. By the time we got there, the street was so packed with cars we had to park around the corner. Harry’s massive modern house was right on the end of a cul de sac that overlooked the ocean, and even from all the way down the street I could hear music thumping. I held Louis’ hand until we hit the bottom of the driveway, then let go and trailed behind him as he walked up to the front door, ringing the doorbell. The door swung open to reveal Harry, who was dressed in an unbuttoned, sleeveless flannel shirt and swim trunks with Ray Bans even though it was ten o’ clock at night. 

“Yeeeah buddy!” He said, high-fiving Louis. “Come on in!”

I followed the boys into the house, which was jam packed with both people I recognized and some I didn’t. As usual, Zayn was breaking it down in the middle of what must have been the designated dancefloor, but at least at this point in time he still had all his clothes on. Liam was sitting on the couch next to Dani, holding a can of Pepsi rather than the red Solo cups everyone else was chugging from. In the dim light, I didn’t see Eleanor or Niall at first, but they weren’t that hard to locate, holding court on the dancefloor. Eleanor was grinding against Niall to the EDM song that was blaring from the speakers, other girls without dates watching on jealously. I averted my eyes from them, focusing solely on Louis, who had gone over to one of the coolers to get us drinks.