Chapter 6: Last First Kiss

"Okay Mister, if you don't tell me where we're going, i'm jumping out of the car." I said, my nails digging into the leather for dear life. In the two times i'd been in a car with Louis, i'd noticed he had this habit of driving about 30 miles over the speed limit.

"Good luck with that. I'm pushing 80." He said, smiling softly.

"I noticed." I mumbled under my breath. But I was not joking around. We'd been driving around for about an hour at this speed, and it was like an over long roller coaster ride. I was minutes away from vomiting up the sushi roll that I had eaten for lunch.

"We're almost there." Louis said, as if reading my mind. For someone who had only been living in Miami for two weeks, he certainly knew his way around.

I fiddled with the touch screen radio, stopping when Clarity by Zedd started blaring through the speakers. " I love this song!" I exclaimed.

Louis smirked at me, but there was a playful look in his eyes. "I didn't really take you as a techno sort of person."

I laughed. " I guess i'm as mysterious as you Tommo. Now turn it up!"

We both started singing along at the top of our lungs.

I dive into frozen waves where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain, it was worth it every time
Hold still right before we crash 'cause we both know how this ends
A clock ticks 'til it breaks your glass and I drown in you again

Over my own tone deaf singing, I could hear that Louis' voice was actually pretty good. Really good actually. When it came time for the chorus, I stopped singing, just so I could hear him.

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why
If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

If our love's tragedy, why are you my remedy?

If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

"You have a really good voice." I said ernestly. "Have you ever thought about being in a band?"

He looked embarassed, a first for him. "I was in one, back in England, but it was for fun mostly. I was actually talking to the lads at lunch today about maybe putting something together for the homecoming dance; Niall said he's been working on a song, so we'll see." 

Memories of Niall strumming on his guitar singing to me flooded my mind, but I pushed them away. They were no longer welcome there.

"We're here!" He announced. I looked out the window. From all the spanish on the billboards advertisements, I assumed that we were in Little Havana. I hadn't been here in years, not since me, Dani, and Niall would come here to eat sometimes in Middle School.

"Little Havana?" I asked inquisitively. "What are we doing here?"

Louis smiled, a rare deviation from his ever present smirk. "We're here to eat the best tacos in the world."

That was a good enough reason for me to get out of the car. How Louis had found this place was a mystery to me, but basically everything Louis did had a shroud of mystery clouding it. I followed him into the little resteraunt, which was named Taco del Playa. Mariachi music blasted from the speakers, and people crowded the bar, enjoying an ice cold beer on the hot day. I couldn't believe I had never been here before.

Louis went up to the counter. "Dos tacos y dos cervezas por favor." He said to the guy behind the counter, who reached into an ice bucket and slid two icy Coronas towards us. I looked at Louis questioningly.