11. reunion

Alexa's POV:
i knew they'd stop at to drop calum off first because his house was the first one they'd drive by. i made my way over to his road, pulling up in the familiar driveway. i knock on the door a few times before someone answers. "alexa? Alexa Miller my goodness" Joy wraps me up in one of her famous hugs before pulling me into the house to inspect me.

"you look so different" she states. "funny thing cal said the same thing"i say and her eyes light up at the mention of her son's name. "you look even more beautiful than the last time i saw you" she stares at me and i blush, "oh so are you back now?" she asks me."yeah liz is coming over tomorrow with the gear and ill help her move back in" i smile softly. "will you be living here?" she asks. i sigh shaking my head. "i have an apartment in LA lined up" i tell her. she smiles and rubs my shoulder. "that's wonderful. you hungry?" she asks and rushes into the kitchen and brings me back a platter of snacks "thank-you" i smile kindly to her.

the ringing of the doorbell interrupted our conversation i prop myself up in the bar stool as i wait for her to return with whomever was at the door. "mumma irwin" I smile giving her a quick hug "alexa you grew up fast" she tells me and i laugh, "so they tell me. hey lauren," i bend down and give her a hug, "Harry." we fist pump and i take them into the lounge room putting on some kids show as the other families show up to the house.

I was a little disappointed because I thought the boys would be here already or at least Mali. the doorbell rings and i jump off the couch and answer the door. "bout time" i smile to see the four dorks at the door, "c'mon their waiting" they all rush in Calum stoping as the boys leave "i missed you today." and with that he turns around and heads towards his parents "Harry, laur quick ash is here!" they perk up and bolt toward ash.

seeing all the boys with their families made me feel both overjoyed and so disappointed that I didn't have a family anymore. my tears build up and I wipe them quickly as the bell goes off again. "I'll get it" i escape the crowd and open the door and scream at the top of my lungs "MALI!!" we both scream as we hug each other. we pull ways from each other and squeal.

"What's wrong?" i see calum bolt out the doorway, "mali" he grins wrapping her in a massive hug. Luke looks breathless at the door so i skip up to him and cuddle into him. "sorry i was excited" he smiles. "don't do it again lose.r" i smile looking at the reunion happening in front of me. Mali doesn't stay long so when she leaves im stuck on the couch with the irwin kids consider the rest are drinking and im driving.

"what are you doing in here" calum asks softly siting next to me, the kids are fast asleep "i don't have anyone in there." i whisper as he strokes my arms "you have me." he grins. "i know it's just hard this whole family reunion" he smiles softly at me. "yeah i know im sorry let me drive you back" he suggets. "no cal your staying their your family you can't leave not yet" he leans into me. "fine, come out here would you" he plants a soft kiss on my forehead. "sure I'll be right out" he smiles and walks into the next room.

i glance down at my phone for the 100th time in the past hour
From Jake: hey lexi, im sorry about the date- i wasn't sober and i feel so bad
To Jake: hey look it's fine, maybe we could have a do over?
From Jake: your in sydney:((
To Jake: yeah i know, we could facetime until then?
From Jake: okay baby, ill let you get back to it.

i lock my phone and slide it into my back pocket before walking out and standing in between Luke and Calum leaning against the bar, Calum slides his free hand around my waist pulling me into him "you wearing my shirt" he states and i blush. "i really like this shirt" i say and he giggles. "so ive heard" they both share a laugh as i just shake my head "boys" i chuckle.

↠↠↠

"its getting late cal" he glances at the clock reading 8 pm we needed to be back at the hotel soon so the boys could sleep for their 6am appearance on sunrise. "yeah i know" he whispers into my hair. joy walks over to us. "you two look cozy" she winks referring to both my arms around calums waist and one of his around mine "mum-" he groans. "should i be expecting grandchildren?" she jokes and Luke sprays out his drink in laughter i let go of Calum and hug joy, "no you don't have to worry- he is too good for me" i smile and she shakes his head. "sweetie you ARE to good for my son, he'd be one lucky bloke if he ever got the chance to be anything more than friends" she smiles down at me.

"hmm?" calum asks wondering over to me. "nothing" i smile at him, "c'mon we gotta go" he nods as the others say their goodbyes i return to the kids and scoop them up in a hug. "be good to your mum okay" they smile and kiss my cheeks ."hey!" asthon calls out and they giggle running over to their big brother, "how come they get more action then me" calum asks and i elbow him "shutup".

we all pile into the van as the family stands out the front waving us off "bye" we all yell waving "damn i wish we had more time" calum speaks up and the others sigh "so do i" i mumble a tear slipping down my face. he laces are hands together "we all do".