16. baessist

Alexa's POV:
* 6 months later *
"damn my legs ache" i complain as Kasey and I walk into a shared apartment after a long morning at the gym. "wait until all those fans post their photos of us afterwards." we groan and slump onto the bench. "crank the AC!!" I call out to Kasey sticking my hair up into a messy bun.

"i wish they would just ask as a question instead of shoving cameras in our faces especially when i look like ass"i breathe out and she laughs as we plop onto the bar stools directly under the aircon vent. "yes" i moan as the cold air whips around me cooling me down instantly. i walked over to the fridge and poured self some juice before returning to my seat.

"ugh i need to film today" i sigh taking a long drink. "just do it tomorrow, it's just a cover right?"kase asks me. i nod, "yeah good idea" she laughs, "im a bad influence" i laugh at her, "your ruining my good girl reputation" i stick my tongue out at her. "pfft good girl okay" she snorts.

I open my laptop and start to watch Netflix when my screen cuts to a facetime call, "it's cal" i tell Kasey as she types something into her phone. "yeah and-" she complains "and probably Luke" she jumps up and rushes over to the mirror to fix herself up.

laughing at her i accept and wait for the line to connect trying to wipe the sweat beads formed on my neck and forehead taking long sips of my drink.

"hey!" i smile as his face pops up on the screen "hey cutie" he smiles at me making me feel all giddy. "whatcha doing?" he looks like he is walking around. "nothing much just heading to the airport" I nod as i see mike faintly in the background. "can't wait to see you" i tell him. "me neither- where have you been?" he questions taken in my sweaty messy body. "the gym with kase" he raises his eyebrows, "hmm hot" he winks causing me to blush as i tuck my lose baby hairs behind my ears. i stick my middle finger up at him. "soo.." the screen goes blurry as 'poor connection' pops up on the screen.

"i gotta go talk later" he mumbles as the call disconnects. "bye" i huff annoyed at his shitty internet connection. "im going to shower then we can go get something" i tell kasey and she nods, sliding onto the couch with her phone. "you okay?" she questions. "yeah i just nothing it's okay" i huff and head up to my bathroom annoyed that i didn't get to have much a conversation with him.

I wash my hair and shave before shutting off the hot water and wrapping my towel around me as I root through my draws for something to wear; i settled on a grey spaghetti strap dress with my white high tops. The door bell chimes and i glance at my phone to see if Jake had texted me saying he was coming over but my phone was blank no notifications.

I drop onto my bed and toss my phone around in my hand contemplating telling Jake not to bother coming over, i was getting really sick of how clingy he has become especially since now calums going to be here soon, i can't deny my feeling for him but getting out of this relationship isn't as easy as it sounds.

I finish with my shoes before drying my hair a little bit and heading down the stairs to see who our guest was, i skip down the stairs as i hear kasey open the door than complete silence. "Kase!" i call out taking two stairs at a time and rushing toward the front door "im okay" she sniffles "why are you-" i turn the corner and my heart stops as i bring my hands to my mouth in shock. "am i not going to get a hug?" calum asks standing at my door with the goofiest smile.

"c'mere" he laughs wrapping me up in a hug his smells like coffee and boys. "i thought you weren't coming back till tomorrow?"i exclaim. he reaches for my hand lacing them together "i couldn't wait to see you" he smiles down at me. "where are the others?" Kasey questions looking past Mikey even though we both know who she's really asking for. "lukes with ash they be here soon" she narrows her eyes at us.

"how'd you know I was asking for Luke? i was actually wondering when ashton was going to get here" the three of us laugh. "whatever makes you feel better" i wink at her before moving past calum breaking our contact to greet mikey. "hey spud" i smile hugging him tightly. "why do you look so damn different every time i see you?" mikey questions getting a good look. "yeah yeah" i shake my head at him as he slides his arm around my waist. "so what's been happening?!"

we all move to the couch. "well nothing really just chilling, killing, focusing on my youtube stuff" they nod like they were actually interested "yeah i saw that you made a channel that's so sick we can help you cover some stuff if you want" i nod. "that'd actually be really cool" i smile thinking of a million songs we could cover.

"you look really nice, im glad your still wearing your cons" i blush and stare at my shoes scuffing them against the wood floor before replying to calum "you don't think it's weird wearing a dress with canvas shoes?" he shakes his head "nah i actually think it's kinda hot" he licks his lips stretching his arm out behind me.

im tempted just to kiss him but then i remember Jake, "be right back" i smile as i pop up off the couch and grab out my phone to see i had a text:

From Jake💑: im on my way over baby xx

i chew on my bottom lip knowing ill have to tell calum about the whole 'boyfriend' thing but i don't want to hurt him or make him feel like he wasn't good enough because he is in fact he is too good for me his way out of my limit.

To Jake💑: okay, the boys are back. maybe we could grab lunch? drive safe babe xx

the door bell chimes and i walk over as Kasey scurries over to the mirror to fix herself up. "how do i look?" she begs but i wink at her and open the door and im engulfed in a huge hug. "lukey" i smile wrapping my arms around his neck as he spins me around. "lex it's been so long- you um wow" i blush and shove his chest. "you get prettier every time we come back" ashton smirks "come here loser" he chuckles and gives me a warm hug. "what took yous so long!" i ask.

"we were hungry okay" i sigh and catch luke and kasey wrapped in a tight embrace. "nawwhhhh" i tease as they both blush. "so give me girl gossip" i pull them onto the couch squishing between calum and mikey. calum has his arms draped around my waist running circles against my skin.

"sooooo" i wiggle my eyebrows at the four of them. "anything juicy?" "well.." asthon starts and i squeal earning a laugh from calum. "im officially not single!" Ashton cheers. "damn who's the unlucky girl?" i smirk. he fake pouts and uses his puppy dog eyes. "her names Bryana" he tells me. "that's pretty" i smile to him. "she is- very" i hold my hand out as he places his phone in my hands letting me scroll through her photos "what about you mikey-?" i question.

"damn she is pretty" i mumble to myself as i wait for his response. "nah dude" i turn to him shocked "but your the guitarist" i gawk. "yeah i know the bassist is getting more action than me" he pouts and i turns to Calum. "well Mr.Hood you did tell me you had a lucky little lady." i wiggle his eyebrows and the boys laugh. "is she cute?" i ask. "very" he bites his lip and winks at me.

the door bell chimes and i stand up nervously walking over toward the door. "hey" i smile softly as i peck Jake on the lips. "how was work?" he kisses me again before slipping off his jacket. "good baby- how was your day?" i nod and gesture to our guest. "hey" he smiles at they i glance around to see their facial expression and they all have mixed emotions; anger, hurt, jealousy, happy.

i catch calums glance and he gives me a sad look before facing forward. "um is anyone hungry for lunch?" they shake their heads. "okay!" i clap my hands together awkwardly facing him again "sorry about lunch then." Jake sighs. "ill just go with a friend" he says angrily. i furrow my eyebrows. "your not going to stay?" i ask, he shakes his head. "not with these fuckers in my apartment" i narrow my eyes. "you mean my apartment?" i question as he slips jacket back on and gives me a short kiss making sure to squeeze my ass before eyeing off Calum. "bye baby" i cross my arms angrily. "bye" I huff.