15. goodbye

Alexa's POV:
we both flop down on the couch in the living room "now to get this all into your room-" liz sighs running her hands through her hair, pushing it out of her face. "speaking of i was going to ask you something." i tell her and she nods. i take a deep breathe "im going to move to California" i blurt out. "how are you going to afford that?" she asks. "mums fund" i whisper lowly. "right, well you can't live by yourself so-" liz begins, "kasey has agreed to make the move, we'll spilt the lease between the two of us" i explain. she nods "im not sure that's a good idea, i promised your mum id look after you"

"look liz im sorry but i can't, i can't stay here" i bite my lip trying to fight back the tears. "well your going to have to" she replies shaking her head at me "you can't just pack up and leave when it gets tough" she complains. "i don't even know why i bothered asking you" i argue "it's so hard IT SO HARD BEING HERE AND THEIR NOT!" i yell annoyed at how she couldn't see where i was coming from. "alexa your father is still here you know and-" she tries t explain. "mum would have let me" i mumble, "she wanted me to be free. to be something to be proud of" i say. "exactly proud of you, she wanted to be proud of you but you've gone out and gotten some silly person to draw on your skin! and your running away from your problems, it doesn't make them go away" liz answers.

i scream into my hands annoyed before I glance back up to her. "mum worked in a palour not a florist she wanted me to get the tattoos she had sketches that she drew before i was even born it's the one thing she wanted me to do" i tell her and stand up from the couch frustrated. "i want to sing, i want to do something with my life and i can't do that from here." i tell her. she steps closer to me "alexa rose i can't let you throw your life away and go out on a limp with this singng business" she tells me.

she crosses her arms and i feel the tears flowing down my face. "you let Luke" i whisper lowly "because he is my son! you aren't my daughter and you clearly weren't raised like a hemming." she fumbles with her words. "your right, im sorry im not good enough for your perfect family"  i turn around to her "thanks for everything honestly but i just can't" i walk up to my room to message kasey.

To Kasey Baby: get your ass on a flight now we're leaving as soon as you get here.
From Kasey Baby: woah what happened?!?! okay im on the next flight.
To Kasey Baby: liz happened. okay I'm on my way ill wait all night if i have too.

i drag my case downstairs and dial the removal company from earlier "hey um is Jai there?" i ask the grumpy old man he huffs and passes the receiver "jai here what's up?" Jai asks. "it's alexa from earlier. i was wondering if you could bring your old mans truck and pick up a few boxes and ship to the U.S" i ask him. "fine it'll cost you be there in 20" he tells me. "i owe you" i smile even though he can't see me.

i move my boxes outside so it'll be easy for him to pack, "what are you doing?!" she asks as i wait out the front for Jai. "moving I told you" i retort. "don't be ridiculous get inside" she sighs. "no im staying out here" i tell her. she grumbles and slams the front door i faintly hear the door lock and that's when my heart breaks into a billion pieces.

↠↠↠
"took your time?" i huff as he slips out of the truck. "it was short notice god your impatient" he exclaims. i huff "shut up and help me" i snap back. i heave the boxes up to him as he returns to the drivers seat. "need a lift to the airport?" i nod and grab my bags placing them in the front as he drives toward the airport.

"Where you running to?" i glance out the window for a bit before answering his question. "well nosey, im kinda doing a bit of both, running toward something and running away from something" he nods as he taps his fingers against the wheel.

"so what's his name? does he know your dating that douche?" he asks. i cock my eyebrow at him "how did you-" he chuckles. "im from the future" he jokes. "well his names calum" i blush. "and im not dating that douche as you said, he just thinks we are" i cringe. "wait you've dated that tool before?" he asks and i nod embarrassed. "yeah but then my friends found out my type of relationship we had and made me dump him, his kinda clingy and possessive." i ramble wondering why I'm opening up to a random kid i meet earlier today but he just nods telling me that his listening p.

"so does he know that his girlfriend is moving to cali?" I shake my head. "what do you think im running from" i question. he sighs and pulls up to the drop off area. "well good luck with the whole running away thing- make sure you tell us where you end up so we know where to send your crap" he says gesturing to the truck. "sure and thanks again" he nods, "no problem wait-" he fishes through the glove box for a business card "here's my number don't hesitate to message me if something goes wrong" he smiles and i give him a hug. "thanks again" i drag my cases out of the vehicle and wave him off.

"now the wait" I huff to myself checking in and dragging my ass to a two of those uncomfortable airport chairs. i slump down remembering the events from earlier today "hey stranger." I perk up at the sound of a familiar voice. "kase!!" i squeal wrapping her up in a hug. "c'mon sit and let's start the house hunting" she exclaims.

she slips down next to me and i open my laptop as we scroll through apartments as we wait for our flight. "thanks for coming with me" i smile toward her and she rests her head against my shoulder "you and me against the world" she tells me and i smile. "your the best ok" i tell her. " oh i know" she answers back.

↠↠↠
"come on we gotta go" kasey yells at me. "just a little longer please!" i whine refreshing my phone waiting for one of the boys to message me saying that are okay and made it safely. "they'll be fine and still there when we get off the plane now come on" she continues to yell. "dammit" i mutter under my breathe as we walk over to the gate i glance to see the long queue.

i fish my phone out again as it vibrates

From calYUM: we just finished our first interview sorry i didn't message you earlier i had a nap and then woke up later than i was supposed too😩 how's liz?
To calYUM: you had me worried boy. i think i just aged a few years. she's well okay i guess i think ive destroyed our relationship...
From calYUM: what happened?!
From calYUM: alexa tell me
To calYUM: we got into an argument no big deal no i gotta go.
From calYUM: no don't leave me, and what about
To calYUM: your the one who left me.
From calYUM: lex you know i had no choice, i wanted you to come you didn't want to come with me:((
From calYUM: answer me please lex
From calYUM: lex lex please
From calYUM: im calling liz then if you want talk to me.

i lock my phone and give the lady my ticket before walking out of the terminal and onto the plane i tug kasey behind me to our seats. "shotty the window" Kasey pokes her tongue at me as we slide down our row and into our seats. "jetlag is going to suck balls" i groan "calums balls" she snickers "gross gross gross" i gag dramatically. "that's what you'll be like when you have him in your mouth" she teases.

"fuck you" i shoot back pushing her lightly. "you've got the biggest crush and he doesn't even realize" I hear her mumble as shift to a more comfort bake positioning in this gross leather plane seat.s "he doesn't like me kasey plus his going on tour so that means girls are going to be drooling all over him" she sighs. "it's only a promo tour remember" she chuckles. "yeah i know but anyway they'll be going on proper tour after Christmas" she nods making herself comfy. "he'll be around so many pretty girls he'll lose my face within seconds" i sigh. i close my eyes and the plane takes off, leaving behind everything that i needed to forget.