36. invisible

Alexa's POV:
i wake to more loud beeping, i rub my eyes as the white lights on the wall as start to blind me "whats happening?" i mumble to jack as i comb my hair with my fingers "they've been in and out all morning i don't know how good it's looking" his voice sounds coarse like he hasn't sleep in a week "ill go get us a drink" he stand up and wipes his hands on his jeans i grab his wrist as he goes to leave "wait have you heard from them" he shakes his head defeated "ive tried them all a bunch of times even john he said he hasn't heard from them since thanks giving, im sorry"

i slump down in my seat "can i have a hot chocolate" he nods walking down the hall toward the cafeteria i pull up my phone and i still have no answer from any of the boys. i turn around and peak through the window they had a tube in his mouth and i knew that he was on his way.

a nurse caught me looking through and left his side joining me "hey sweetie" she sits down next to me looking sincere "im so very sorry to tell you this but your dad-" she sucks in a breathe "the machines aren't going to keep him alive much longer so i thinking you should say your goodbyes" my lips trembles and i bite my lip trying not to cry "what's happened" i hear a panicked voice i glance up to see a blurry mali koa rushing toward me "it's dad" i wimper almost in tears clinging to her "he isn't going to make it" i start to shake as she holds me rocking me back and fourth.

"illI leave you two alone" the nurse stands and leaves the two of us i pull away from mali and pick up the phone again trying to get ahold of calum but yet again it goes to message bank i keep on the line till the beep.

"Calum" i sob uncontrollably "he isn't going to make it i need you" i start to shake "i need you please" "please please PLEASE" im begging screaming into the phone mali reaches for it quickly ending the call rubbing my back.

"what's wrong with me" i scream into my hands i feel empty just me and my shadow with all my regrets "who am i what am i" i cry until my hole body shakes uncontrollably until my vision starts to get grainy slipping into darkness.

↠↠↠

"is she okay!" i hear a group commotion rushing toward us im presuming, i manage to squint my puffy eyes open realising the group "calum" i whisper pushing myself off my seat and rushing toward him already crying launching myself at him.

i wrap my legs around his waist as he holds me "im so sorry" he whispers and i start to cry "you you didn't answer your phone your phone you didn't answer your phone" i trip over my own words "i know im sorry i was on the plane i got your messages the first one was beyond amazing and the second one broke my fucking heart" he places me down on the ground as i lean my head against him

"i know it's too late to say sorry but i want to say something to you okay, i-i love you alexa" he licks his lips in nervousness "i love you too" i grab his cheeks and smash his lips onto mine "i love you so fucking much" "you're so fucking important to me" i whisper against his lips causing him to kiss me harder.

we stand in each other embrace for awhile until the closing of a door separated us "you all came back" i whimper giving them all hug before reaching luke i cry into his chest "it's okay, you've got us okay- you have a family" i sniffle nodding hurrying my face in his shirt "thank you".

i let go of him wiping my eyes that have seemed to dry up as i steadied my breathing turning to see calum hugging his sister, there's a sudden loud beeping coming from inside the room and my stomach drops i rush into the room running to his side "dad! dad!" i yell grabbing his hand "c'mom" i slam my hand on the nurses button "SOMEONE HELP" i yell frantic "somebody!!" calum comes rushing in with a few nurses and doctors "CLEAR OUT" they yell.