33. moving in

Alexa's POV:
"im pooped" i sigh flopping down on Margo's bed, it had be an hour or two since we started moving and between the four and 1/2 of us girls we'd only been able to move their beds and a few empty drawers.

margo comes bounding in dropping a few boxes full to the brim of clothes "hey your the one who wanted to do this today!" she argues causing me to yell out frustrated "woah ladies" i glance to my boyfriend slumped against the doorframe with a cool beer in his hand "give me a drink" I whine he reluctantly walks over to me handing me his drink "how's it going in here" margo shrugs as she starts to pack away her clothes "yeah alright i guess" alaska smile brightly dipping a celery piece into her peanut butter jar.

"yeah because your not doing anything" margo argues causing calum and i to laugh at their banter "she is pregnant mar" she rolls her eyes "yeah she's also i pain in the asshole". We pass the bottle of beer back between the two of us before I hand him back his cold beverage and move to put up her books and other trinkets onto her shelves.

i sing softly along to the tune of whatever song was playing through Margo's speakers as mikey joins us everyone starting to help set up my fellow roommates room. "so are you moving into the apartment with the boys?" i ask continuing to unpack "yeah, i mean it'll be awesome to live together we could get shit done you know" i nod "your going on tour really soon" he sighs nodding beginning to speak when my phone starts to ring cutting off his words.

i wonder over to my phone glancing at the caller idea "this is australian" i announce puzzled soon enough calums beside me "just answer" i swipe across holding the phone to my ear "hello?" i question

"hello is this Marie from St Vincent's Hospital, we have your father Brian Miller here, he was in an accident and you were on his file as the first to call, is there anyway you could make your way to the hospital?" my throat goes dry as my eyes begin to sting at the build up of water.

"um um i" I clear my throat dabbing my eyes with my shirt "im in california ill book a flight right now-" I grab my mac trying to log onto my account but it kept freezing up and my panic set it "one second" i whisper through the the receiver feeling panic set in i start to cry causing calum to take the phone rubbing my back soothing me he scoots the laptop closer to him logging in with ease and quickly booking a one way ticket to sydney before briefly speaking to the nurse on the other side of the line "okay thank you".

he hangs up and gives me a hug "pack, pack right now" I stand up and rush into my room stuffing my suitcase glancing to see calum doing the same "cal you have to stay here-" he cuts me off "I'm going" he huffs and i just return my attention back to the packing not wanting to argue my head was already aching with the new information the lady told me every so briefly.

i start to cry harder as the others rush into my room asking what was happening, I continue to stuff my case grabbing a new outfit before rushing into the bathroom to change and grab the bathroom necessitates before bursting back into the room to finish packing.

"let's go" Calum grabs my suitcase as well as his as we head downstairs Luke grabs his keys as margo and alaska rush to me giving me hugs "he'll be okay, we're praying for him" i smile weakly as the boys give me warm hugs "bye".

the three of us rush down the stairs throwing our stuff in the back as luke speeds down to the airport "cal you need to put on a beanie or sunnies something" i plead "you should to baby" i nod gladly slipping on my sunnies with shaking fingers atleast they'll hid my red puffy eyes.