3: Celebration

"Happiness is when your loved ones are happy. It's okay to feel lonely in this bubbly atmosphere."

Today was that big day. I was half dreading and half expecting. I heard no word from the other part or Uncle Mustafa who was to be my father-in-law. I knew the arrangements were done by both parents I also knew that making me CEO of our company could create a fuss in the public of Riyadh for I was a woman and if I tried to grow up in a male-dominated world, and a fuss was going to come my way. One thing I didn't understand was why my father risking me to become CEO what if something went wrong with what was I supposed to do. What if I wasn't a fit for this job of being a boss, of controlling thousands of workers, multiple companies? What if I wasn't the ideal wife or woman Musa wished for? Was I able to accommodate forever with him?

"Oh My Gosh, you look gorgeous!" Seema gushed, startling me out of my doubtful thoughts.

Glancing down at my outfit straightened invisible creases. It was a dark green, almost emerald abaya that fit me perfectly flowing out, not letting any stranger's eye look past the material and what was beneath. The abaya had a sparkly gold beaded flower swirling up from my neckline to the middle, ending in a pointy design down my abdomen. It was remarkably gorgeous. The intricate pattern was very nice, complementing the abaya very well. I felt unfit for such a design, but I was told it was chosen and made solely for me by my father who liked it considering his favorite color was dark green. My golden bronze hijab hid my hair in a style I was used to every day. There was nothing special or fancy about it since I preferred simple things. A light shade of pink touched my cheek making my cheekbones prominent, transparent lip gloss was applied on my lips giving a bright look to my face. My eyes were rimmed with black kohl, shaping my eyes slyly.

"Hoor, you look terrific! Stop making that face," Seema grasped my arm, shaking me slightly. I scowled at her, which she laughed off. Grabbing my phone, I walked out greeting our house workers on my way to the main house lodge. Many gasped, complimenting me in hushed tones, while others smiled and waved. I felt my nerves growing uneasy. Did I wear it too much? Reaching the center of the spacious floor, I found father tucked in a fitting navy-blue tux waiting for me patiently. I breathed deep and walked to him standing a foot away.

"Asalamu'Alaikum Baba." I greeted uncomfortably, hoping he was not in a sour mood. He surprised me by grinning wide, he looked so young at that moment I just stood gaping at the change of character.

"Walaikum'Asalaam Binti." He paused, taking my face in. His gray eyes that were usually full of a dark storm were now radiating with warmth. "You look beautiful, Binti, just like your mother." He smiled, and I gasped.

He never talked about mother, he avoided her like the plague. He never complimented me, what was happening, a wild miracle, I thought.

"Jazak Allah Baba," I murmured, feeling shy that he honored me with his attention after six miserable years.

"Hoor." He called, taking a step towards me. He tipped my chin upwards with his finger.

"You do not understand how proud I am of you. In all these years I may not have expressed it, but I assure you, you are one outstanding woman. A dutiful daughter and hopefully you'll be a faithful wife too. I believe in you," He said in a fatherly manner. At each word, I felt my heart wanting to break out of its prison. "You are not only becoming a CEO, but you are also becoming a wife, a daughter, and with these blessings, you will face many haters and enemies. You will not only own our industry, but you will own 40% of Musa's shares. Many will want to take that away from you, but you will stay strong and fight through all of your struggles. You will show them you're my daughter, by Allah you are the perfect fit for this position," He finished. My nerves breaking down on my once calm senses.