22: Handcuffs & Ties

"With each strive, she didn't believe to fall."

The news flashed repeatedly and horrendously across the screen with a full force of shame and wonderment. How my family had come to this point even I didn't know, I watched with wide eyes as my father-in-law tried to block his face from an insistent cameraman who kept shoving his camera down Mustafa's throat. His hands in metal handcuffs and his head nearly hidden, his guards following him like the leeches they were, I wondered when Aleeyah was going to be punished for the sick game she played with us by standing with my husband's father. The police helped the culprit into a black Mercedes which officially had a blue light to it. This kind of protocol was only given to high-class people like politicians and business owners who were caught up in the dirt.

For now, no questions were hollered at him as he shamefully ducks his head inside the car and sped off, his eyes invisible but even I knew he would never feel guilty nor will he ever forget what his son did for a wife he never loved. In seconds their life changed from good to bad, such scandals happened. I was worried and scared about what Mustafa will do once he gets his hands on me. Musa did not get Aleeyah into this that meant he still cared for her, which saddened me immensely. If only he knew her as I did, I sighed and watched a newscaster blare on the screen with a look of enthusiasm. After all, he got dirt on the most powerful and strong business executive.

"What did Mustafa do to end up behind the lockers? A striving man such as him surely got dirt onto himself, his family, and the Al-Mustafa companies. It truly is a shame." He mocked, "We'll come back with more juicy details after an abrupt break." He winked, and the commercial started.

I fell back in my bed with a deep sigh. Was I relieved or stressed I wasn't sure. What excuse did Musa give to the police to get Mustafa in? Surely he wouldn't just blatantly expose the truth for it would ruin me completely in a culture such as Arab. I paced the room in sheer tension hoping Musa will come by since his cell phone was off, I couldn't go out for the media lurked outside my gates like parasites. Of course, they wanted to know what had happened and why. Waiting for Musa was stupid, he might be busy handling the mansion and his family, the police work, etc.

Trying not to think about it so much I focused on doing some work and during that, I fell asleep.

***

"How could you do this to your father!?!" His Aunt yelled madly.

Musa stayed calm and stoic. Whatever he did was for the best. Yes, it hurt him to throw his old father into jail, but what deed he had done was worth a punishment.

"Aunt forgive me if you can but I have a solid reason and when the right time comes, I'll tell you for now." he trailed off, not sure if he could see his family grieve anymore. He lost his mother years ago. His only source of affection was his Aunt and his sister, who was moody but still a talented sister. He loved his father, but he had a feeling his father died ages ago because the man he sent to jail could never be the father he grew up to, the father that'll raise a hand at another's daughter.

"I will not wait for your minuscule of a decision! As the eldest, I command you to spill everything out before I lose my temper Aliyun!!" She snarled, spitting each word out.

He felt taken aback. She took his middle name, a name no one was familiar with but her. She took his name that meant she was angry and why wouldn't she be, she was his sister after all.

Musa sighed, he prayed to Allah that his wife's respect stayed intact after this revelation he was doing upon his Aunt.

"Uncle." He reasoned one last time, but she held up a hand. "Speak." She hissed.

He did, he told her how his father had kidnapped Hoor, how he had. Planned this wedding on purpose and how he betrayed Uncle Saadiq by breaking his promise.