20: Worst and the Best

"Crumbling under his gaze, his touch was my weakest and strongest point. I was hopelessly in love."

Seriousness was a small word. The way his green, penetrating gaze watched me silently killing each second, deliberately and slowly suffocating me. I was in trouble, that much I even knew, after I so gracefully fainted into his welcoming arms I realized what a fool I was. Not telling him about my pregnancy was foolish, he had every right to know whether or not he believed me that certainly was not my problem. I guess I got selfish with the coming soon baby that's if I lived to see that day seeing Musa had other murderous plans.

He was seeing red, I was his target but the good part was he wasn't being that harsh, considering I was pregnant he was being kind of normal, not barbaric like he always became.

"Say something," I mumbled almost to myself, but in this deadly silence, my words were heard even by the non-living creatures next door.

My reports were slightly crunched in the tightness of his fist, the sound sharp like knives. "Indeed, I have a lot to say . . . and do." His threatening deep voice replied.

My butterflies in my belly stopped flying for once instead made me feel nervous, I was dead meat.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, not knowing why I was saying sorry, based on not telling him or for existing completely? Jeez.

"You sound so pathetic, Hoor. What's wrong with you?" He growled annoyingly.

Okay, maybe I was overly emotional because I felt like crying every time I felt something harsh, I was extremely sensitive and that was embarrassing. So not me and maybe that's why it was killing him to even bare me. He was used to me being strong and stubborn, not emotional, and broke.

"However you were with me before this may come out now because of this." I pointed to myself. "It's breaking to the surface and you don't know how to deal with an emotional wife and now mother!" I mocked, knowing that'd burn him for a while. He narrowed his eyes at me and pointed a finger my way.

"Take that back." He warned. I stayed silent.

We stared at each other in an uncalled competition. I was being immature for once in my life while he was being himself like always.

We were back at my mansion, sitting in my room as I on my bed while him on the chair, quite next to me. He bought me here back to the care of my family, if this was my chance to bring him closer to me then why wasn't I taking it, I breathed deeply. You can do this, Hoor.

"What are you thinking?" I asked seriously now.

He kept quiet for a while, putting me in deep suspense.

"What to do with this situation." He replied finally taking me worthy of such a discussion.

"What do you mean?" I questioned back, I was already a burden, and now our offspring?

He sighed, "It's not what you're thinking like Hoor. This baby is mine as much as it is yours." He paused, warming my heart. Hope was what I was seeing. "It's Aleeyah, you, the company, your kidnappers that are still unknown, everything!" He exasperated.

I could see the inner turmoil in him, he was stressed and under pressure. I wasn't helping him one bit, and that made me guilty. I was his wife, I was to lessen his tension, not exceed it. I got out of bed and leaned towards him, I couldn't see him like this.

"If you're worried about my pregnancy, then don't, I promise to take care of it. You carry whatever responsibilities you have and I'll stride like I was." I offered. I was pushing him away, it hurt.