4: To be a Boss

"He had infinite perfection, a drastic attitude with a damaged core, Oh! What beauty."

"Baba, this is sudden," I exclaimed as he dragged me to the Al-Mustafa industry that was an hour away from our house. It had been a week since I was engaged to him and ever since I became an owner of a billion-worth company.

I hadn't taken my position as a CEO yet; I was busy learning my father's ways and meeting various people who were the backbone of this business. It wasn't bad; it was fun and exciting. I was looking forward to the board of directors meeting (B.O. D) eagerly, but it was still a week away and father decided I still needed some touch up to my brain and right now he ought to be the best to make a better experience by taking me to my in-law's business place. I was avoiding them perfectly well, but father wanted to make better relations as if marrying me to him wasn't enough. Gazing out at the city of Riyadh, I stared at the tall glass buildings hovering over our car as we drove by on the highway. Each mile caused my nerves to shake tremendously. It wasn't fair how much I was affected by him, and he wasn't by anything. It was obvious none of us was interested in mending our bond, our parents were more eager than us and that was fine by me so far. I didn't want to face him yet; this was already too much, and my father's expectations were high rocketing day by day.

"Hoor, the more you know them, the better it'll be. You will spend the rest of your life with them, I suggest you accept this." He said in a strict tone, making my heart stop beating altogether.

I never thought of that, me spending my life with him, in one room on one bed. I was going to share my life with him, and it made me feel uncomfortable. Many spicy thoughts filled my mind making me blush shamefully, shaking my head trying to think of something logical I cracked a few knuckles to ease my nerves, it grew by each second. I was going to feel this my entire life, anyway, might just get used to it.

After 40 minutes, our car screeched to a stop at the wide entrance of the cylinder glass building. It looked ominous with its black glass and dangerous dagger-like shape. Why wouldn't it be, they all shared the same cold, ominous personality it almost felt like they ran an illegal business? I was getting paranoid ever since they pushed their way into my life. I was thinking of them as evil as the dark queen in snow white.

Men in expensive suits and Arabic dresses came in and out of the building, a few professional women milled about supposedly the very few independent Arabic women who dared to live by their own rules in Riyadh also worked here, of course, and a business that was second-best in the whole of Middle East will allow women to work thankfully. With the pace they walked, it was difficult to eye them. Not wanting to ogle awkwardly, I followed Baba into the magnificent building.

How man created such beauty was beyond me, but without the blessing of Allah, a man was nothing. Half the crowd nodded towards Baba and watched me curiously, soon followed the awestruck whispers. Catching a few, I heard.

"She's the fiancé of Sir Musa, she's beautiful." "Well, I would've been a better fit."

"She has everything why does she want this empire too." "He's so lucky he got her."

"Wow."

Blocking their gossips, I stepped into the luxurious elevator next to Baba, who stood in his glory.

"These are just gossiping, Hoor, you will face a lot more. Toughen up." He whispered harshly, clearly annoyed by my ignorant attitude towards people.

"Baba, it's their job to talk, I don't care as long as I don't do something out of place," I mumbled, annoyed and did not dare to look at his penetrating Gray eyes.

Finally, the elevator came to a stop with a typical ting. Taking in large gulps of air, I stood straight, not wanting to cower in front of him. My knees already started shaking, but I kept walking forward alongside Baba. A woman with blond hair and a pencil skirt with a matching burgundy blouse came to a stop before us, beaming happily as if she just found her Christmas present. She was gorgeous; she had that cat-like look to her blue eyes. Was she even allowed to dress like that in Riyadh?