32: Crazy in Love

"Even the devil was once like an angel, what is a mere human then."

I was fuming by the time I checked into two-morning meetings. I was famished, annoyed, and beyond angry at the audacity of him pulling his romantic charms. How I resisted only I could counter that but for now, I wanted nothing but the Jummah prayer and the Inauguration to be held following what I had in mind. A soft knock startled me out of my thoughts. Saaiqa the ever-brilliant entered the grand office with a soft smile and flushing cheeks, smirking with a secret I had no clue of.

"Why are you smirking?" I asked with a suspicious raise of my brow.

"Well, I think these have something to do with my smirk." She said from the door, slowly entering with baggage behind her I could not quite see yet.

"I hate surprises. Now's not ago-" I was cut off completely when I saw what she was holding in her arms. I flushed a bright crimson knowing exactly who sent them. She held a bouquet of white roses that had a few blood-red roses in between, a small gift box, and a card hanging from the bouquet. I didn't want to believe who sent it really, but I just knew the man so well I figured it was him. It was shocking yet expected, after this morning he would do whatever he could do to get me back to his side. Sadly he didn't know how willing I was already to be on his side.

"Your husband's PR dropped them by personally hoping to see you but found that you were not to be disturbed so he left saying it was a direct order to deliver them purposely himself," Saaiqa informed putting the box on my desk and handing the flowers over to me. They smelled extravagantly beautiful. I dragged along aromatic, breathtaking the fragrance of the roses in with me.

"What's in the box?" I asked curiously.

She smiled warmly, "I'll leave you to figure it out yourself. I have some errands to run."

I nodded, she was escaping this moment I was supposed to have. I didn't stop her, God knew what was in the box for all I knew it could be a thong and we wouldn't want to be embarrassed. Putting the flowers aside, I picked the small dark blue box up, sliding the silver glittery ribbon off I picked the lid up with bated breath and almost blanched at what was inside. My gasp was so loud, with shaking hands I rested the box on the desk and stared wide-eyed. How could he, of course, he could? He was a damn multi-billionaire. He could do whatever he wanted. With shaky fingers, I picked the locket up eyeing the sparkling eye hanging from its chain. It was an eye, the eye that warded off evil in Arab culture. The eye was made of small diamonds, the pupil of dark red ruby and the iris of emerald green with a small sapphire stone tucked in the middle of the eye. It was heavy, extremely beautiful, and out of this world. I knew instantly he got it made rather than him buying it. I was delighted in all prospects but I was still mad at him for being a thick-headed person. Letting the cool locket slip from my fingers back in the box, I picked the card up and read its contents.

Dear beautiful wife,

I know I messed up and will always do for I can't be as perfect as you so here's a small gift to tell you how much you mean to me. I don't want an evil eye on my wife so wear it, please. Only I can look at you in every way I want. Give me one last chance.

Your idiotic husband.

I sighed with a rough chuckle escaping my throat, what was I supposed to do with this. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time because I was a forgiving person but I was also very stubborn. His arrogance never ceased to amaze me, even in small ridiculous letters. I gazed at the flowers than the locket and saw what else he had up his sleeve. I buzzed Saaiqa while tucking the card into the bottom drawer despite my anger I smiled at his way of apologizing; he sucked at it, to be honest.