40: Silver Lining

"When we leave everything behind taking only our deeds. When we wrap ourselves in gold but end up in a white shroud, brown mud and black nights."

Continued from Despair..

Musa could not believe his eyes. His flesh burned with the reality before him, he was so paralyzed, so numb and petrified that he did not feel a small hand land on his trembling hand. It happened all too fast, it was like he was back into his room where Aleeyah pulled the trigger to take away his only source of sanity; his family.

It happened again but this time there was no chance of life, there was nothing that would return to him in his arms. Musa did not care or see what was happening, all he knew was that the body before him was drowning in her blood as she tightly held onto his hand. Pulling him to her he gazed down at her, a sob escaped his throat as he put her head in his lap, his white Kandora turning a dark shade of red, stroking her hair away from her beautiful face he let his tears fall freely.

"Please. No . . ." He whispered broken.

"Promise me." She spluttered as blood poured out of her mouth and wound.

Musa was shaking, "Anything. Come back." He cried kissing her bloodied knuckles over and over again.

His heart ripped into shreds, he felt nothing but pain. She managed to laugh through her pain, he could see her skin pale ghostly white, and her eyes were already closing.

"Azhar." She whispered, a small smile on her lips. She opened her eyes, green orbs that he shared clasping both Musa's and Hoor's hands. It was a silent promise, Hoor wept to lean onto her hand with love.

"I promise, I promise. You'll be fine." Hoor wept desperately.

"La ilaha Illal'Allah'o Muhammadur'Rasool Allah." They watched her lips move as her once bright green eyes dulled into nothing, and closed on their own. Her body shuddered once and then she went limp and cold.

"Miriam!" Musa roared shaking the mansion walls. "Allah!" Hoor cried kissing Miriam's hand.

Musa hunched over, he cradled Miriam against his chest crying like a child. It pained her heart to see him like that, it hurt her to see his sister gone at such a young age.

Hoor blamed herself even if it was written in her fate. She did not deserve to die like this. She died saving Hoor and that was a scar Hoor could never forget. She was burdened with that. Clutching her six-month pregnant belly, she wondered what she had done well to deserve such a loving and loyal family.

Miriam gave her life willingly to save Hoor.

It happened so fast, Hoor did not see Miriam move. Musa was standing before Hoor but when Miriam sensed the crazy look in her father's green eyes, the panic, and shake of his hand that held the gun, she with all her might pushed the wall of muscle that was her brother and moved in time to feel the piercing bullet right into her chest. She fell instantly feeling as if all the bad days were gone, the only face she saw was her baby's, Azhar Ibne Musa. Her brother had named the child after him proudly stating that his sister was his everything, her child was his child. He had proven that a long time ago when he walked the hallway of the hospital waiting for the safe news of both his sister and nephew. And when he was born, the angel.

Miriam gave her brother the honor with all her heart to give the Azaan and name. She had stated that she wasn't sad about being a single mother when she had her family with her. When Musa used to call from work to check on his wife and girl, he used to talk and check on his sister and nephew whom he called son. Musa had always loved Miriam spoiling her rotten, but the distance only came when Musa was trapped in his father's games letting Miriam discover a world she was unknown to. Miriam felt free and happy that she had someone to take care of her child as sad as it was, there was no turning back from what she did for them. She loved them and would do it again and again if she had to. She had seen the hopelessness in her lion of a brother, it killed her, and dying at the hands of her father wasn't so bad.