L - Liking

February 25th 2016

It was 8th period and everyone was in art as usual. Today Louis sat in the back with Zayn and Niall was texting Gemma.

Over the days Niall and Gemma found out they had a lot in common. They would go out and shop, talk and eat together almost everyday. Gemma always wanted Niall to visit her at home, but Niall always backed out cause he was scared he'd run into Harry.

Sure, Mr. Styles came back and started teaching class again. He seemed perfectly fine to Niall. It was as though the incident never happened. Mr. Styles didn't treat Niall any differently. Other than the fact of a lot less sexual gazing at the boy.

The blonde missed the way Harry would look at him and look away. He missed the way his art teacher got jealous if anyone was around him. Most of all, seeing Harry again made Niall miss the day he regretted most.

"Here you go Niall." Mr. Styles smiled setting a paper on his desk. "Good job."

Niall looked down to see that it was his test he took last week. The blonde was 100 percent positive he would fail but he passed with a hundred.

"Thanks." Niall smiled politely.

As the art teacher walked away the young boy felt his heart rip into pieces.

He missed the little stares the art teacher would send his way.

The bell finally rang for school to end, but Niall decided he wanted to stay behind.

"Louis, I'm gonna stay here." Niall said as his friend walked towards him.

"No you're not. You're coming with me, last time I left you here with him," Louis said clenching his fists, "well I don't really want to remember that."

"Hey." Niall smiled poking his friend's cheek. "I won't do anything. I'm doing this for Gemma."

Louis starred into Niall's eyes a little longer, making sure the blonde held no other intentions.

"Fine." He sighed out. "But I have work, so I won't be able to give you a ride."

"It's fine." Niall smiled. "I can walk home."

"Alright." Louis hummed, kissing Niall's forehead. "Just don't do anything stupid."

"I'm smarter than you, my stupid would be your genius." Niall snickered. "You have to be more specific."

"Whatever." Louis laughed. "I'll text you later." He said before he walked away.

"I'll be counting on it." Niall shouted after him.

It was just the student and his teacher left in class.

"Mr. Styles." Niall said turning around. "I need to talk with you."

"Please Mr. Horan," Harry began, "I have papers to grade. Can we discuss this another time. Preferably, never."

Niall sighed as he walked closer to his teacher's desk, pulling his backpack higher on his back.

"I know the last time we saw each other was not...well, not exactly appropriate." Niall said. "I just want you to know, that I like you Mr. Styles. I know a relationship between the two of us could never happen, but I want you to know," Niall sighed as he played with his fingers, "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you."

The curly headed teacher looked up from his stack of papers as Niall continued.

"I worry about you. I catch myself thinking about you. Whenever I'm just sitting in bed or eating and watching Netflix, I wonder to myself, what is Mr. Styles doing right now." The blonde breathed out.

"I'm so sorry for that day, I just don't want you to lose your job. You're an amazing teacher and an amazing person." The boy smiled as Harry had a tear slip down his cheek. "I just feel, I could never be the person for you. Please don't hate me."

Harry quickly wiped under his eyes and stood up. "I could never hate you Niall."

"Would it be inappropriate if I hugged you right now?" Niall asked shyly.

"Greatly." Mr. Styles replied with a soft smile.

"I guess I'll leave now." Niall whispered for no reason.

"Mr. Horan," Harry said stopping him, "just because it's inappropriate doesn't mean it can't happen." The art teacher smiled.

Niall quickly walked to his teacher and wrapped his arms around him. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll see you tomorrow." Mr. Styles whispered into the blonde's hair.

As Niall shut the class room door behind him, he felt his heart swell and his stomach knot. He didn't understand the feelings his art teacher gave him, but he knew it was something he never felt before.