Chapter Eleven

"What her heart wants?"

"All her courage flew away when she looked into his eyes, she found herself melting into the warmth that they held."

Part-One

Iris P.O.V

I stumbled on my way out of the gallery, and moved towards my car. I slid inside and sighed deeply then laid my head back on the seat.

As I started contemplating about what had happened!

The dawn of realization hit me, I felt like my breath has stopped at my throat, thus lack of oxygen supply to my brain making me frenzy.

What the hell did I do? I thought to myself.

I was confused about everything... About everything that just had happened. Even about what should be classified under the act of stupidity: stammering, my hesitation while answering his question or running away like some hormonal teenage girl!

For Pete's sake, it's not the first time someone asked me on a date!

But why did this time, it affected me so much?

Why this time, I hesitated to say no?

Why?

I held the steering wheel tightly and closed my eyes trying to breath slowly, my grip on it tightened as the memory of his eyes flashed in front of my eyes, again. They held so much intensity, they held truth that I couldn't just ignore. As if on clue my lungs started gasping for the oxygen that required to breath normally. It felt like I was drowning in my own chain of thoughts. I opened my eyes and noticed my knuckles which turned white due to pressure.

I sighed. And started the car and drove away.

Instead of turning to my street, I drove straight into the dark. I drove into the oblivious. The darkness seemed to be a great companion, right now. 

"It does not scare me, anymore." 

I looked at these endless empty roads ahead.Just like my life.

I closed my eyes, and took all the oxygen that could be taken by my lungs. This feeling, this hollow feeling just right there where my heart lies, this feeling of emptiness. I don't want to feel it.

Suddenly his glistening eyes came in front of my eyes, that smile, that face. Those words.

My eyes shot open out of confusion,

I shook my head to clear all the thoughts regarding to him and kept on driving. 

He is not like the guys you have met, he is different. have you seen the way-

My conscience said, pushing my thoughts again to him and again.

"Ahh! Not helping..." I groaned in frustration.

I shook my head, trying to push away all these thoughts to the back of my mind.

While driving I looked at the full tranquil moon, it reminded me of his blue piercing eyes, again.
how they eluded me, how they made me feel something that I have never felt before, at least not after...

I sighed and came to a halt. I parked the car at the corner and moved out to inhale the night air.

Why did I feel something different around him?

Why did I let my façade fall in front of the guy I barely know?

Today I let my heart speak, I let it be free after so many years, why?