Chapter Fourteen

"The Forced Meeting."

"They both were the missing pieces of the same puzzle"

★♥★

"So you forgive him now?" Dean asked.

"I guess." Derek shrugged while putting his phone on the speaker.

"But why? After everything he did, why?" Dean asked exasperatedly.

"That's what family is for. Families don't judge, they overlook one another's mistakes and accept them as they are. And I accepted him as he is, though I have got this strong feeling that he has changed."

"How do you know?" Dean asked.

"I just do. You should have seen him." Derek said while rummaging through tons of papers in front of him.

"Your call, man but you know, right that I am always here. No matter how long this asshole stays."

"Dean, you sound like you have been through all the torment that I had suffered because of him. Let the bygones be bygones. Shall we?" He asked as he continued rummaging through the papers.

"And BTW, Mr. Cocky Millionaire..." Dean drawled out but soon was cut by Derek.

"What did you just say?" Derek stopped midway and looked at his phone.

"Iris. Mhmmm?"

"Oh that." Derek said laughingly.

"How long have you been eyeing my friend?"

"Not long. Just a week or so." Derek said nonchalantly.

"Tell me when you asked me about the girl, you meant her, right?" Dean asked suspiciously.

"Do you like her?" He continued.

"I don't know brother. She intrigues me. Her whole demeanor is so illusive. What she is and what she make others see are two very different things. Her eyes tries to tell so much but she is so reluctant to let anyone read them. They have so much depth in them that-"

"Wohoo! man, so much? What have you done? PhD on her or something?" Dean commented cutting him in the middle.

"Just a little hearching," he said laughingly.

"Now dude. You sound like Zane."

"See, the brother thing."

"BTW, what about your wedding? How's the prep and all going? Basically your pre-marriage honeymoon?"
Derek asked as he sat in the chair.

"Everything is great. Mostly everything is done. Still 21 days are left until marriage so we are gonna take a tour around."

"Here, I am working my ass off and you are enjoying."

"Who asked you to become the CEO? Certainly not me..." He said jokingly.

"Since you brought this topic up. You remember right, that you owe me a favor?"

"Yes, I do."

"Then listen to me carefully and like you said I won't take a no."

"Alright, I am all ears."

★♥★

"You got to be kidding me?" Iris scrunched her nose and exhaled.

"Have you taken the oath to make my life miserable?" She continued as she lays back on her chair.